Dagger Shirt and Star Trek and a small bit about my health. Basically all over the place.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

My sister purchased me a Daggers shirt. I think it was for Christmas but I am having surgery tomorrow. I have a large mass on my right kidney and the entire kidney has to be removed. Anyway, my sister decided to send the shirt early and it arrived in the post this very morning. Just in time for a feel-good present.

She also sent me a Little Golden Book based on Star Trek. I am a big Star Trek fan. I might be a bit old for the target audience but still, it is Star Trek. By the time my two week recovery is over I will have finished watching EVERY episode of Star Trek. It has taken about 4.5 years I think. The book is in the photo as well. At least I am going to try and post a picture at the bottom of the post.

Well wishes are appreciated from my adopted Daggers fans on your side of the Atlantic.

COYD

Attachments
Daggers Shirt.jpg
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Chigwellian

I wish you all the best and really hope the surgery goes to plan...
We need your support From South East USA
Kevin

Echo those sentiments - all the best with it all.

Up the Daggers! :thumbu:
stanton101

All the best mate.
Hope it all goes well.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Thanks for the well wishes. Surgery was successful and just dealing with post surgery pain management.

I should be ready to go for the fixture on Sunday. Is there going to be any audio commentary?
daggersjeff

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Have a great Xmas, boosted hopefully by 3pts against Dover on Boxing Day!!!
rebeldagger

Best wishes for the recovery and hopefully come boxing day you'll be able to celebrate three points in your Daggers shirt !
McLeansvilleAppFan

I have sent the below to a few message boards and such. I thought I would share here as well. Again, thanks for all the well-wishes.

I were my Daggers red shirt on Sunday for the fixture and was keeping up as much as possible from Twitter and Flashscore.com. Looking forward to getting lots of points from Dover soon enough.
-----
The operation went well and I was home the next day. There was and is obvious pain management but I seem to be past that, more or less, at least the amount of pain is low and more related to pressure on nerves in my shoulders from the rising gas used in surgery than from the incisions, and that is getting reduced each day.  I am past taking medicine for pain it seems.

I have a follow-up in mid-January with the urologist and I am not sure if that is when I will hear about pathology or if they will call me on the phone before that time. Radiation may or may not be needed. They did not need to touch my lymph nodes so I take that as good news.

So in short, I am home and on the mend and just waiting for the next step in this process, and my wife and daughters are taking good care of me right now.  Even the family dog seems to be aware I am not 100% and being less energetic around me.  Our cat, Schrödinger, is being a cat, with everything on the cat's terms.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Two bits of news.

First, the doctor called this morning and the mass was cancer but fully contained and removed so no further treatment is needed. Good news.

And about 5 minutes after this call our oldest daughter became engaged, though the future son-in-law had called up Monday evening so the engagement was not a surprise happening today.

Good news today after a few weeks of being unsure.