Bounce Back.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

That was just what we needed today, a strong away win and four more goals as well. Not many points separate the top seven so plenty of reasons to be cheerful for sure. Having seen Akanbi score three at hat trick at Aveley in pre season I’m not surprised he’s been a handful today, very strong fella and strikes the ball lovely. Great for Balanta to get on the scoresheet too, hopefully McCallum and Jones will be ok for Yeovil and Eastleigh at home coming up. Two wins there and we are very firmly back in the mix. COYD!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Probably the best all round team.performance of the season. From the Goalkeeper right through the team everybody did their job.

Thought Rance was outstanding today and would be my choice for MoM , but it could have gone anywhere.

Well done Ibby you may not be the best around but you have already obviously got that Dagger spirit. How on earth do you not get a start at Aldershot. What a starting debut .. 3 assists and a goal .

Suddenly only 6 points off top and another 4 goals . Things could get very interesting over next 6 weeks, 6 weeks that could divine our season.
Diggerthedog

Didn’t go yesterday but by all accounts it was a very dominate win, great that Akanbi got himself off the mark and played well so happy to eat some humble pie.

Two very big and winnable home games now before Notts and Grimsby then a break from the league until Boxing Day, need at least 10 points to keep pace with those above and just behind us.
Kevin

On the commentary it seemed a pretty tight game until we got our first one..fairly impressive from that point on. Both Angelo & Akanbi sounded pretty lively up top as well.

Great win - hopefully we can go on some kind of run for a bit now..

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
DaggerJoel11

Very convincing victory that few would have anticipated after the first half an hour in which very little happened. Infact, there wasn't too much between the sides all afternoon in the middle of the park but we were dominant in both boxes and that's where the game was won. Pretty much the opposite of Salford (H), where we were superior in every department bar the one that ultimately matters.

Balanta is looking sharper every week but he owes a large debt of gratitude to Ibby Akanbi, who essentially created all three goals for him, albeit two of those being shots that were parried out. The striker then got a richly-deserved one of his own to cap a showing that makes it seem incomprehensible that he's unable to get into a dreadful Aldershot team.

Wright, Clark and Reynolds superb, the latter excelling on the left side of the three again. Had he been deployed there in the second half against Chesterfield then there's every chance we'd be sitting fourth right now. Instead we have to settle for seventh but after yesterday there's the feeling that we're back on track, with two must-win home games coming up too.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pondfield Dagger

Great day. It's all your fault!!

Fans swapping ends at half time to get behind the goal they are shooting at, proper non league!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pondfield Dagger wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 pm Great day. It's all your fault!!

Fans swapping ends at half time to get behind the goal they are shooting at, proper non league!
Players responded to it I am certain Pondfield. Come on there must have been more then me who thought here we go again when they got back in the game that we had complete control on.

With the vocal support I felt it lifted our players when they needed it , that may be me but I certainly think it helped , none morexso then Ibby who carried on being that bloody nuisance to them
DaggerJoel11

Daryl McMahon's Daggers returned to optimum attacking potency at York Road where a brilliant Ángelo Balanta hat-trick was supplemented by loanee Ibby Akanbi's sumptuous curler to stylishly end a dismal run of four straight away defeats without scoring.

👨🏼‍💻 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-4
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''