Chesterfield (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Southend didn’t even sell out last week so don’t think all those extra that turned up we’re Southend maybe a 100 or so but no more than that. It’s the people that only come to big games, the club need to turn them into regulars.
Mark

Lots of lapsed fans around me last week. Few with 10+ year old kits and scarves etc. Heard people talking about how they hadn't been over in years. We win 3-0 in good style and they don't come back, it's very frustrating.
hockley dagger

I was struck by how many glum looking people were trudging out of the Bury Rd end last week about 10 minutes before the end. I suspect Southend outnumbered us last week. It does beg the question about attracting people in. Sussex and I were commenting on the lack of dads with lads these days. 1300 or so home fans isn't great and there was ay least one Chesterfield fan in Bury Rd today.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well all I know is if they don't turn up for the football that has been played this season they will never turn up. OK results have sometimes been disappointing but out of the games I have been to this season the only time I left disappointed was Boreham Wood . Can't say in all the others I have not been entertained. Frustrated almost certainly but never been bored.

This afternoons first half was my idea of how the game should be played. However the frustration was the abiding memory as once again that is how I left . We did enough first half to win most games but sadly once again we contribute to our own downfall for the second time in the last three home games.

Two things I took out of it however were mom Will Wright who is fast becoming one of the most improved players we have seen over the years. He is Miles ahead of where he was , granted his playing in the right position but we could see offers for him if he keeps on progressing the way he has.

Also I liked the look of RILEY Scott thought he did OK when he came on .

Onwards and upwards
NBDag

Yeah would have taken a point on seeing the lineup, but it really is disappointing to not get the win after watching that match. Tale of two halves really, for both our players and the ref. Second half he turned into an absolute idiot and I don’t think he got one call right. Even the red card it seemed like he thought it was his first booking and didn’t actually want to send him off.

We need to get a centre back, centre mid and centre forward in. Not sure why McMahon struggles to see this, unless of course it’s our owners that don’t want to spend more.

Final note, that bloke in the sieve. You know who you are and I hope you realise that absolutely everyone thinks you are a massive c***. Don’t come back if you don’t like the football.
SUSSEX DAGGER

There was one massive turning point In the game and that funny enough was our second goal. The bloke on the goal line clearly handles it into the goal , if that stays out then we play 10 for an hour earlier then what we finally did.

Put the penalty away and I don't think there is anyway back for Chesterfield . Obviously we greatfully took the goal but in hindsight as things panned out we are probably talking about a completely diffrent game and result if that incident takes a completely diffrent course.
DaggerJoel11

What's this about some abusive bloke in the sieve? Quite a few are talking about it across other social media platforms.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:21 pm What's this about some abusive bloke in the sieve? Quite a few are talking about it across other social media platforms.
There was a “fan” near the halfway line who spent the entire second half shouting utter rubbish, especially towards Wright and Saunders. Even went as far as calling Wright a “lazy c***”. He was a moron in every sense of the word.
Lcbdagger

NBDag wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:59 pm
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:21 pm What's this about some abusive bloke in the sieve? Quite a few are talking about it across other social media platforms.
There was a “fan” near the halfway line who spent the entire second half shouting utter rubbish, especially towards Wright and Saunders. Even went as far as calling Wright a “lazy c***”. He was a moron in every sense of the word.
With the high pitched voice? Same every game
DaggerJoel11

Christ that's ridiculous even in the emotive domain of the football terraces. Wright was our biggest source of energy that second half and Saunders produced in my opinion one of his best performances for us to date, capped with a morale boosting goal. Some people.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DaggerJoel11

An afternoon of mixed emotions at as a comfortable lead cultivated through an impressive opening 45 minutes was then undone in two, underlining the defensive frailties that will now only worsen with Johnson's injury.

👨🏼‍💻 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... terfield-2
themightydagger

Mark wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:07 pm We can't keep going without signing a centre back surely? The three that started did a good job, although we know they always have a mistake in them. Even before Johnson went off I'd have liked someone more commanding but it was even more needed after that.

We had 5 first team players out today, plus Phipps, and then more went off injured. How many more players would people like us to have? I'd like a couple of quality loans from the football league but no point having 20+ permanent players.
Luke Croll is someone we need in my opinion. The man plays football out from the back, comfortable on the call and he is strong aerially. Not sure why we let him go for some bizarre reason Daryl gave, but we could do a lot worse than to nab him back. Calamity Clark needs to go. He is fine in the role where he doesnt play but is around the squad for leadership, but he cannot play.
Markinfront

Surely we must see the arrival of new defenders this week, it’s unfortunate that an injury has made this more important than it already was. Loan options from the EFL must be possible at this stage of the season. It’s critical we cement ourselves in the play off spots. Going forward we are sound. Sutton last season and Boreham this are showing that physical presence especially in defensive positions is important in the NL, something we lack.
BB-Dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 pm
Christ that's ridiculous even in the emotive domain of the football terraces. Wright was our biggest source of energy that second half and Saunders produced in my opinion one of his best performances for us to date, capped with a morale boosting goal. Some people.

he didn't have a squeaky voice but he was quite loud and abusive towards Wright and Saunders which was out of order on a few counts, many around gave an almighty cheer when Wright was given man of the match which hopefully will shut him up in the future. To$$er
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think Wright has been the standout for me this season.

I formed the view we seemed to have a lot more width on Saturday or was that just me.

Saunders put a lot into the first half but sadly did not last past the hour mark , he was shot long before he came off . That probably was the diffeence second half as we did not seem to get the ball out as wide on both flanks like we did first.

With the limited Personel we had it was a first class effort in my book to dig any result out. Obviously giving up a two goal lead you are hoping for more but as I said to Hockley 2-0 is not as comfortable as it sounds and we both feared the third goal was always going to be the important one.