Weymouth (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

A first home game under the floodlights for supporters since March 10th 2020, after which the turnstiles clinked shut indefinitely. That night marked the first defeat for McMahon in a reign that, some 18 months later, is really getting going.

Still unbeaten this season, we host a Weymouth side that have already demonstrated their ability to produce decent results, having defeated Solihull and earned a credible draw with Notts County in the past fortnight.

Hopefully Sagaf is back in the lineup and we can maintain our early position at the summit of the division.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagger83

What is the accepted point at which we can start getting excited? 10 games? 15? 6?

Really wish I could watch the games. Such a shame we lost the live stream.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 pm What is the accepted point at which we can start getting excited? 10 games? 15? 6?

GREAT question. I have no idea but I am LOVING IT. LOVING IT I TELL YOU. We scored directly from a corner my word this is going well
NBDag

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 pm What is the accepted point at which we can start getting excited? 10 games? 15? 6?

I would say see how we are at the end of October, by then we would have played all the “favourites” at their places. By then Chesterfield would have played some half decent teams too. They’re not a bad side but I do think fixtures are helping them out this early on.
A S dagger97

I feel like we are a Manny Onaraise away from being serious contenders, 17 goals in 6 games is ridiculous especially when you compare it to our previous years
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great effort tonight again. Once again we gifted then a start and in my opinion a harsh penalty decision put us in a bit of a snooker at half time.

One or two were not at their best tonight, must be Vehlitte poorest game for a long while despite his goal. He Looked a lot better Second half when the game got stretched but still must go down as not his best game ever.

Thought McCullum was fantastic again in both boxes tonight. He was constantly dragging Weymouth defenders all over the place. That is the diffrence this year. Last season he looked like he was not interested in doing the hard yard but since we kicked off at Stockport he has not stopped moving and given defenders no peace what so ever. He deserved his goal for his work rate tonight. In our own box he got his head to everything again that was anywhere near him and plasters over the big problem we have in this area in open play with reliability.

Sagaf was diffrent Gravy and if he had not got injured I am convinced we would be 100% from.6 games.

Great start and we go to Wrexham fearing nobody.

At start of the season I said we need 70 goals and 15 clean sheets for a top three finish. We are sveraging 3 a game and creating plenty more. That somewhat negates the need for clean sheets . If we can improve on that a Title challange is no longer a pipe dream
themightydagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:09 am Great effort tonight again. Once again we gifted then a start and in my opinion a harsh penalty decision put us in a bit of a snooker at half time.

One or two were not at their best tonight, must be Vehlitte poorest game for a long while despite his goal. He Looked a lot better Second half when the game got stretched but still must go down as not his best game ever.

Thought McCullum was fantastic again in both boxes tonight. He was constantly dragging Weymouth defenders all over the place. That is the diffrence this year. Last season he looked like he was not interested in doing the hard yard but since we kicked off at Stockport he has not stopped moving and given defenders no peace what so ever. He deserved his goal for his work rate tonight. In our own box he got his head to everything again that was anywhere near him and plasters over the big problem we have in this area in open play with reliability.

Sagaf was diffrent Gravy and if he had not got injured I am convinced we would be 100% from.6 games.

Great start and we go to Wrexham fearing nobody.

At start of the season I said we need 70 goals and 15 clean sheets for a top three finish. We are sveraging 3 a game and creating plenty more. That somewhat negates the need for clean sheets . If we can improve on that a Title challange is no longer a pipe dream
Cant argue with that Sussex, Vilhete wasn't amazing, but isn't that the beauty of this side? He wasn't at his best, but he gets in 95% of sides with his performance last night. We have so much talent and it shows you cant go and buy a league. Get a squad, put it together and give it a couple of seasons to gel. Add some quality and you're laughing.

We just need to stop giving teams a head start because one day we wont be able to score 3 or 4, so i think we are a good center half away/Wing back from being a top top side. When Jones comes back, he slots in the middle, Ling back at Wingback, Weston the other side. I think we could do a lot worse than Luke Croll, but seeing as he was isolated last year and nobody has picked him up, is there more to it? The extra 2 signings then gives us that little bit of depth for the back end of the season. Cannot fault the work rate though at the moment.
Diggerthedog

Another win from a losing position, yeah we can’t keep doing it but this team has goals all over the pitch and many can’t live with the pace and movement.

I thought Muff were a decent footballing side for a part time team and they will ruffle a few feathers this season, the number 8 for them Moussa was superb I’d be taking a look if I was our head of recruitment.

How good is Mo Sagaf, perhaps Khan not signing was not such a bad thing in the end, Sagaf seems twice the player.

Top of the league and favorites to win in wales Saturday who would have thought that with the dragons throwing £200k fees at long ball merchants in a desperate need to go up, as we all know investment means very little unless you have the right attitude from the whole squad and a team ethic. Hopefully we don’t concede early!
Markinfront

Three more valuable points and our best start to a season for many years. It’s probably the best time to try and get in a proven central defender looking to go up, it must be part of the regular discussions with the owners surely! Wrexham have tried to throw too many in at once and are not the biggest threats this season, despite the BBC obsession with them. It’s a great time to be a Dagger and why not get a bit excited? We finally have a team to get behind with exciting players all over the pitch. Hats off to McMahon getting us to this stage and I for one feel he is the right man to get us promoted. COYD!
Mark

Superb second half performance. I wish we'd get after teams early, I know we probably want to keep it tight but it isn't really working as we just invite the ball into our box. There was a five or ten minute lull again second half where we stopped pressing and it yielded Weymouth's only chance of the half. We are clearly not good at sitting off and soaking up pressure.

If we play on Saturday how we finished last night I don't think Wrexham would live with it. If we start badly again though I think we'll be 2 down before we can blink, their forwards only need half chances.
DaggerJoel11

The customary slow start again last night which led to a fourth goal conceded inside ten minutes already this season. However, such is the attacking quality within this side that we can get away with conceding goals because there's enough in our armoury to outscore the opposition at the other end.

Obviously we can't rely on coming from behind every game, but it's nonetheless a testament to the determination in the team. We are so entertaining to watch at the minute and it's cultivated a real feelgood factor which hopefully persists for a long time.

My match report from the encounter is here - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... weymouth-2.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''