Squad Size

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

I have to say whilst I appreciate he needs games why has Aaron Blair gone out on loan? Our squad is already stretched and this lad is a real prospect that could learn playing for us not Cheshunt. For me this is a very odd decision in the circumstances. It could be argued that now is the time to bolster the squad whilst we are top of the league and therefore an attractive prospect. We now only have one goalkeeper too. Are these departures signs of players incoming? I hope so.
RayleighDagger1986

I posted the same concern in another post
SUSSEX DAGGER

The fact that he started season on the bench at Stockport suggest to me that we started the season already stretched.

Since then we have had two injuries which you would have thought given their nature were not going to be back anytime soon.
Looking at Phips Saturday he dont look ready to start good to see Rance but if he turns out like Harry and cant start then we are really getting low on numbers.

Hopedlfully the new physio is more apt at getting players back quicker because if Segaf and Wilson still out then out the 23 I thought we had signed two are out on loan four are injured and two are simply not ready to start. That leaves 15

Bit worrying
DevonDagger

I was surprised initially, but it does make sense - on the premise we've got the ability to recall him (and Striz, who is only out for a month by the way) at the drop of the hat.

Neither have featured so far and we don't play a sub keeper at present, so if injuries or suspensions occured as early as tomorrow to Justham, McCallum, Walker or Wilson, I'd expect/hope to see them back for Saturday.
Lcbdagger

Can't see anyone else coming in unless there are more injuries... Agree on the squad depth but, realistically we should be going all season with the front two we have unless injuries/ tiredness dictate otherwise... Goals all over the place just from those two. Same with the keeper who, in fairness doesn't have a five year history of missing ten plus games a season... Would need to be convinced, if Justham was injured that we wouldn't look for a Loan anyway rather than bring Striz back in.

On the other side, would love the irony of seeing us take on a Loan keeper and striker (even if we weren't paying the wages) but still not strengthen the centre back position.

Hopefully it's another win tonight and the team continue on