King's Lynn

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Agree with the comment that's a game we would not have won even a year ago and could well have lost.

As for the changes we had to do something and I dont think the smoke being blown up the Managers arse is warranted.. At half time we simply had to change something and asking probably one of this seasons most influential players to strut his stuff was not a call of a genius, it was a call going out from 90% of us there. First half we simply were not at it and how Weston did not start is really puzzling.

The starting line up and the bench today asked serious questions about the depth of our squad. If Phipps was ready to start that game then my god we are scratching for numbers. If he started then it can only be a guess how far Rance is ready for a start, the lad looked like he has not played for nearly two years yet still got the nod over Rance and Scott.

Think the game changer was moving Vehlitte into the middle myself , him and Robnson took the game by the scruff of the neck .

Saunders is no wing back by the way ok going forward but defensively looks very weak . Think its time to get Ling back in that role and only use Saunders as an attacking option.

The other observation is the pitch we played on it was nowhere near as good as what it looked and by mid winter that will be an allotment , so glad that one is out the way as when the weather turns that ain't going to be an easy place to dig out a result.

Another poor referee. The penalty shout was a clear penalty and he seemed to bottle the sending off that number 2 Fernandez should have got for the deliberate hand ball minutes after already being booked.

All in all a very a good result even if the Performance was not the best.
NBDag

Really was a game of two halves. If King’s Lynn had better strikers we would be losing that match after how the first 45 went. Phipps wasn’t ready to start and Saunders isn’t a defender, but I think both tried to do as well as they could so you can’t fault the individuals. But yeah we definitely need to get some more options in if injuries persist. A rare off-day for Ling (or is it Link?) too.

As for the second half though, Weston changed the game in a way that we all knew he would. In a way I kind of like him coming off the bench as he just changes the tempo immediately and the opposition can never seem to deal with it.

The biggest compliment I can give though to our performance is the comments from my Premier League-supporting friends who are usually dismissive of anything below the Championship. They only caught the second half luckily and genuinely said to me “Your boys can actually play can’t they? When’s the next home match”. Play nice football, win matches, attract fans. Not hard is it…? :eh:
Dagger83

NBDag wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:38 amPlay nice football, win matches, attract fans. Not hard is it…? :eh:
As the commentators kept on saying yesterday, having a settled squad has been the biggest positive for us. We're in a better position than most in that regard and I can't ever remember such a low turnover summer.

As others have said, we could do with a couple more just for squad depth but having an almost identical squad to last season has got to be a massive bonus.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Having a settled side is so vital at this level, if you can keep the same eleven most weeks it is a real bonus. Yesterday was always going to be a battle with our midfield injuries, we’ve come through 2 games with 4 points despite the players missing a massive well done to those that have stepped up.

I know it’s not cheap to sit in our seats but £21 for that terrace at Kings Lynn is a disgrace, they should be ashamed of themselves won’t be paying that again.

A win Tuesday and wrexham is a free hit for me.
DaggerJoel11

Such a remarkable transformation between the first and second half performances, orchaestrated by the simply brilliant Myles Weston. His directness and power was what we were missing before his introduction as we struggled to get a foothold in the game.

Grinding out wins like that is absolutely vital.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Rustydagger

Out of interest, does any one know what the attendance was?

Rusty
len

Attendance was 859.
DaggerJoel11

Ahead of tonight's game, here's the report from the one that preceded it, as a stunning second-half display saw off King's Lynn infront of the BT Sport cameras:

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''