Barnet (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

The second part of a quick-fire Bank Holiday double header sees us lock horns with a familiar foe in Barnet. As usual there are lots of connections between the sides, with Widdowson, Brundle, Reynolds, Johnson, Vilhete, Walker and McCallum all lining up against their former employers.

We head to the Hive in brilliant form, two impressive victories making us the early pace-setters in the division, which is hopefully still the case come 5pm this evening. COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
McLeansvilleAppFan

I heard before the match Saturday that a win then would be the first season opening with 2 wins. Now with three wins to start the season I have to ask when was this last accomplished?

Way to go Daggers.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

STOP THE COUNT
NBDag

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:25 pm I heard before the match Saturday that a win then would be the first season opening with 2 wins. Now with three wins to start the season I have to ask when was this last accomplished?

Way to go Daggers.
Funnily enough the last time we did this we went on to get promoted to League One. Make of that what you will people. I’m saying nothing…
Sagres

Fantastic away support today
Dagdale

Good and vocal and would love to see the numbers rise further afield now, how the f**k can Barnet have had 1100 odd fans there in basically filling what around half of that big side stand? said to a mate during second half 'surely can't have more than 700' , lost me that one?
McLeansvilleAppFan

NBDag wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:39 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:25 pm I heard before the match Saturday that a win then would be the first season opening with 2 wins. Now with three wins to start the season I have to ask when was this last accomplished?

Way to go Daggers.
Funnily enough the last time we did this we went on to get promoted to League One. Make of that what you will people. I’m saying nothing…
I'll make of it that we are off to an excellent start. :thumbu:
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
rebeldagger

A decent performance yesterday from the team in a game that in seasons past we may well have drawn or could have even lost by the odd goal.

Over the past three games we appear to be far more clinical in front of goal, than we were last year, and we're now taking those few chances when they come. Last year, there were times when I'd struggle to name more then two players who could score, yet now we seem to be a team that has goals all over, there were occasions yesterday when we had up to four players in good positions looking for the ball to be played into them for a shot on goal, yet save for some resolute defending from Barnet, the score could have been higher.

Our set pieces too have improved and Will Wight has come on so far in the past two years,really pleased to see him excel and grow as a player.

The atmosphere too was brilliant yesterday, singing all the way through the 90!
DaggerJoel11

Daryl McMahon's table-topping Daggers were subject to a near 500-strong backing at the Hive yesterday - plus that of part-owner Craig Unger - and it proved to be another memorable afternoon as the club maintained it's perfect start to the season.

Match report and player ratings from a sweet victory - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''