Website URL meaning

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Is there some meaning to the website name viewsfromthesieve, which I assume is views from the sieve?

:new:
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dagdale

Almost every club even down in the non league have a home end where the guys who like a good sing song/ banter closely with fellow supporters get together simply pure excitement when the team is heading for a victory in our case this end is called the Sieve which I heard was named after a leaking dodgy roof years back and it runs opposite the main office stand in front of an industrial park. In a way regarding the forum it gives a bit of false lead as views on our forum come from all four sides of ground naturally and even the odd away fans give their views and join, I hope this is what your enquiry was about if I've read it right and hope to see you joining us, sharing a beer and egging our boys on when its fairly free to travel again, IF?
McLeansvilleAppFan

Dagdale wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:30 am Almost every club even down in the non league have a home end where the guys who like a good sing song/ banter closely with fellow supporters get together simply pure excitement when the team is heading for a victory in our case this end is called the Sieve which I heard was named after a leaking dodgy roof years back and it runs opposite the main office stand in front of an industrial park. In a way regarding the forum it gives a bit of false lead as views on our forum come from all four sides of ground naturally and even the odd away fans give their views and join, I hope this is what your enquiry was about if I've read it right and hope to see you joining us, sharing a beer and egging our boys on when its fairly free to travel again, IF?
I thought that might be the case or something related to a worn out roof somewhere, or something to do with the stadium in some fashion. Is this the side with the Daggers spelled out in the seats behind the goal?

I am about 10 hours by plane from the stadium so it may be a few more years before I can visit during the football season. I'll be retired then and will have time to travel in season, assuming I can afford a plane ticket. I have a sister that moved to Dagenham a few years ago I hope to visit.

When I do visit I expect to be in the mix of everything as long as someone teaches me to songs. In the meantime I am absorbing all I can via the internet so I can be as an informed fan as possible.

I am actually not much of a beer drinker, as in I drink a beer about once a decade on average. But when I visit I'll be sure to have a drink or two to celebrate a victory or wallow in the misery of a defeat.
Jackalope

I have a sister that moved to Dagenham a few years ago I hope to visit.
Buy her a season ticket and she can FaceTime the matches for you. Sorted. :thumbu:
McLeansvilleAppFan

That is an idea. :-)

My sister and her wife, who is the native (Dagenhamite or Dagenhamian I am not sure the proper term) are not that much into sports and my sister has a job that would have her working many days when a fixture is happening.

I have a good data plan for a phone and gigafiber at my house so I have the bandwidth. A shame something could not be worked out that would allow international viewers since I will not be in person with or with-out streaming. ISP addresses can be faked with VPNs and there would not be that many wanting to watch but it would be neat to be able to do something like this.

If the Daggers make it to the championship maybe someone can stream for me over WhatsApp or Zoom or something.
Daggerman

If the Daggers make it to the championship maybe someone can stream for me over WhatsApp or Zoom or something.
[/quote]

Oh boy have you got delusions of grandeur!
Championship ha ha ha, it’s like someone is still waiting for the Titanic to arrive in New York or thinking west spam can win the champions league,
We are a conference club with an outside chance of league 2 with a fair wind unless our owners win the lottery
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggerman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 pm If the Daggers make it to the championship maybe someone can stream for me over WhatsApp or Zoom or something.
Oh boy have you got delusions of grandeur!
Championship ha ha ha, it’s like someone is still waiting for the Titanic to arrive in New York or thinking west spam can win the champions league,
We are a conference club with an outside chance of league 2 with a fair wind unless our owners win the lottery
[/quote]
I was referring to the National League title, reading the wikipedia article on the National League I know there are some other cups that are in theory in play. I assume you were thinking I was referring to a higher Cup. Or is winning the National League itself a delusions of grandeur?

What is winning the National League referred to, the wikipedia article was unclear?

:new: