Triallists

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Not been able to get over to the friendlies but noticed several triallists in both games at Braintree and Hornchurch.
Has anyone watched the games and could give some idea on who the triallists are and whether any stake a claim for a contract?
Pablo

I can never understand why trialists are always anonymous on the assumption that they are free agents. What's the big secret? Presumably they have shown something to be given a trial and if it doesn't work out it might still alert other clubs at a similar or slightly lower level to give them a chance.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hello. The Trialist who scored today was a short, mixed race right winger / striker with big hair tied back called Aaron. Any ideas ?
Mark

Aaron Blair from Ongar in the Olympian league I believe.
DaggerJoel11

Yeah, he's scored in both our pre-season outings so far. 21 and looks a very tricky customer, his goal today was really well taken.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RayleighDagger1986

Thanks to all.
This Blair guy sounds like he could be a find.
Is another striker what we need?
speedy

I wouldn’t class him as a striker. Very attacking though, very much in the mould of Jodi Jones, even the haircut lol.
As previously said before he’s a very tricky pacy young man and very hard working. So who knows.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:09 pm Aaron Blair from Ongar in the Olympian league I believe.
Unbelievable grab. I looked up every player on flashscores called Aaron and couldn’t find anyone
Markinfront

The Dagenham Post are saying Aaron Blair will be a Dagger with McQueen returning to Dartford on loan.
Markinfront

Having seen the game at Aveley it was very clear Aaron Blair is more than good enough to play in the NL, he was outstanding. If we don’t take him someone else definitely will. Let’s hope it happens this week.
Danamite

Does anyone know who the Striker Khan is who scored the hat trick against Aveley ?
Alan

I suspect he was wearing Khan’s 23 shirt from last season.
Markinfront

Let’s hope we hear soon about the players on trial with us, especially Blair. From what I can gather the same five or six players have been at just about every friendly so far, we only have three remaining. We have 20 players currently on the books so it’s fair to assume 3 or 4 more are going to come in.
Oxhead

Dagenham Post report says the striker is. Ibby Akanbi from Maidstone United
EssexDagger!

What about the no8 (blonde hair) who went off injured? Looked a tidy CM player..