Triallists

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

From what we can tell the triallists seem to have done very well as a group. I still feel two players or more will be offered contracts from this group. We have only 20 players signed so far and it would be odd to keep this group for 6-8 friendlies and sign none especially given their performances. Maybe it will be transfer news Friday tomorrow let’s hope.
Markinfront

Assuming Phipps Clark and Rance won’t be fit come 21 August that leaves 16 outfield players. Additions to the squad are therefore essential not a nice to have.
Danamite

Anyone no when we will be signing Aaron Blair the dag post reported it over a week ago now but still nothing from the club. Hoping it will be soon before anyone else tries taking him
Markinfront

I agree, he looks an exciting prospect and played in most in not all 7 friendlies and did very well. Several other of the trial lists could hardly have done anymore either by way of performances or scoring. Either way numbers are clearly needed, with only 18 outfield players signed and some of them not available already.
len

I would think the deal for Blair is done and dusted but just not announced yet and possibly with one of two others as well.
EssexDagger!

Oxhead wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm Dagenham Post report says the striker is. Ibby Akanbi from Maidstone United

He has just signed for Aldershot.
RayleighDagger1986

It's been 6 days since our last friendly and just iver 7 days till the start of the season, yet signings has been very, very quiet.
Chalky69

Who was the chunky guy that came on up front near the end at Billericay last week and scored our second goal. Looked useful!
EssexDagger!

Chalky69 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:56 pm Who was the chunky guy that came on up front near the end at Billericay last week and scored our second goal. Looked useful!
The guy who has today signed for Aldershot Town.
Markinfront

I can only assume he felt he was going to be too low down the pecking order to play many games, will do well though for them I fear, looked dangerous in the friendlies. In the hope that Blair is in the door already surely another Centre Back is the very minimum we need to add next week?
Alan

J M-D has joined Woking on a season long loan from Orient.

Biggest concern for me, like many others, remains centre half. We need a big beast who dominates and just don’t have that in our squad.
Diggerthedog

Totally agree with Alan, this was a priority position for me this summer and as soon as we resigned Clarke I feared we would stick with who we already had. If we come up against a big centre forward we will struggle, just not dominating enough in the air as good as our preferred back three are on the floor.

We must be looking at centre midfield cover until Phipps and Rance are back up to speed, perhaps a loan or even a permanent.

Given the spending of other sides realistic aim is one of the last play offs spots, so many decent teams on paper but as we have found out last couple of seasons it means nothing with Barrow and Sutton winning the title.
Lcbdagger

Centre back lack of signings is a confusing one for me... as already said, been a problem position for a while. As soon as the opposition improved pre season with Billericay we were found out with balls in to the box. Have had a great for the past two seasons that a team will trouble us every time they get a corner or free kick.

Midfield will be strong with everyone fit but confused about the Phipps resigning effort if he's likely to be out for a decent period this year... hope he's back sooner than I expect
Markinfront

Just read an interview with McMahon in the Post and he talks about adding ONE more player, which presumably is Blair. So that would appear to be that before the season starts anyway.
Dag82

Absolutely baffling that we have failed to address the biggest problem, which everyone knows, is a dominant Centre Back.

Problem had been there since Onariase left, however long ago that was now, and still hasn't been addressed.

We cannot defend crosses, and we will pay for it, as soon as the level of opposition improves.