Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

It's a fair point. I can certainly see why people would want a change. He's spent badly in the summer there's no getting away from it.
Oxhead

Good post from Mark
Oxhead

His first one
jag

Digger, sometimes you have the knack of depressing us forum users, it is not all doom and gloom mate, as some have said we are improving and about time too, some have already highlighted some of the problems, and although Myles Weston did not have one of his best games it could have been because of the full backs quality he was facing, he out done the Altringham defender on Saturday to the point that the defender was replaced, I have always thought that some of our previous forwards we have had have been better but our midfield distributions at the moment need to be looked at and improved who supply the forwards for them to become more effective . I still think that if Daryl can continue to make the progress he is making , come May, I think we will be in a much better situation league wise and hopefully continued support from the guys across the pond and of course ourselves the supporters. HAPPY DAYS!!
Alan

We are a couple of months from the end of a season where we were looking for promotion and say in 16th. It’s been abysmal. We had half an hour that was good, but our keeper was our best player and stopped us getting a pasting.
Diggerthedog

Apologies Jag I will be positive with my posts, we’re not getting relegated there’s a plus :grin:

Many people would have been well over a year without attending come next season, the club need to look at the bigger picture of keeping a manager not just hope it might work for him. I hope he proves me completely wrong but I just don’t see it and the fact he is now relying on John Still to get him a squad speak volumes.
DaggerJoel11

As alluded to during manager Daryl McMahon's pre-match press conference, the midweek visit of high-flying Hartlepool United was always going to provide the sternest test yet to a rejuvenated Daggers' recent revival, and unfortunately it was one from which they fell narrowly short albeit having acquitted themselves relatively well.

Here's my match report and player ratings from an entertaining clash that ultimately culminated in defeat: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ool-united
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Results have improved but I think that is masking the simple truth. At this moment in time we simply dont look good enough.

We are still missing guilt edge chances, we continue to ship sloppy goals we are still heavily reliant on the Goalkeeper .

Constant enforced changes do not help and perhaps improvements off the pitch are just as badly needed as those that have been needed on it.

Dont suppose we will see Rance now for a few games , now either the players recruited are not robust enough to stand the physical demands or simply the preparation the Players are getting for these demands are totally inadequate and if the Manager does have faith in these players then he simply has to address the issue as to why we have not seemed to be able to keep a settled side for some time now. Something is clearly wrong in the physio side of things at the Club and have been for to long.

I still have hope in my firm believe that teams take time to build and if we could get a run of games together were changes are minimal then we might just see what we could be.

I have no doubt there will be multiple changes again this Summer and we will start next season again with the team needs time excuse.

If it meant we could start next season with that spring in our step that has been missing this then I would forsake this season and use the time to build for next.
themightydagger

To be brutally honest... i dont think that Hartlepool were as good at what everyone is saying. I didnt think we were great and should definitely have scored a few. McCallum watched a ball go over his head and let their man take the ball down the pitch without moving a muscle.

Clark has been our best defender which is saying something. Johnson been good but last few games not been great. Croll cant even get a look in, when the others arent fit to lace his boots. Wright cant pass it 5 yards, cant mark or defend, but scored one free kick and he's now Maldini?

We are so far off being a good club and if things stay as they are, from top to bottom, we will be a non league club for a very long time. Things need to change, there has to be a 4/5 year plan set in concrete. If targets arent hit, things need to be seen to. Salford, Notts County getting rid of managers, when they firmly sit up the business end of their leagues, because things werent up to expectation. We give Daryl and open cheque book, let him sign some dross and then say after every game we're getting there. Its not good enough.
Diggerthedog

themightydagger wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:28 am To be brutally honest... i dont think that Hartlepool were as good at what everyone is saying. I didnt think we were great and should definitely have scored a few. McCallum watched a ball go over his head and let their man take the ball down the pitch without moving a muscle.

Clark has been our best defender which is saying something. Johnson been good but last few games not been great. Croll cant even get a look in, when the others arent fit to lace his boots. Wright cant pass it 5 yards, cant mark or defend, but scored one free kick and he's now Maldini?

We are so far off being a good club and if things stay as they are, from top to bottom, we will be a non league club for a very long time. Things need to change, there has to be a 4/5 year plan set in concrete. If targets arent hit, things need to be seen to. Salford, Notts County getting rid of managers, when they firmly sit up the business end of their leagues, because things werent up to expectation. We give Daryl and open cheque book, let him sign some dross and then say after every game we're getting there. Its not good enough.
The Croll thing is a bizarre one, best defender this season and completely disappears although I have heard once you fall out with the manager that's it your done you will be banished for good. Probably explains why Deering is nowhere to be seen, neither player has an injury but of course it might be covid but surely you call games off like everyone in the league does or we being too nice Dagenham again.

Must not speculate. :ninja:
jag

Steady on there, we are not supposed to speculate about these things or we could be back about who has or who has not got covid, this subject was raised a couple of weeks ago, but how do you know that Sam and Croll are in the bad books because that sort of news never gets spoken about and rightly so, however we should be told if they are injured or dropped, if they are not on the bench then one has to assume they are a long term injury , which will do for me. but lets get over the doom and gloom about the team, there was not a great gulf between us and the pool and if we had Robbo, Crole and Sam back I think we would have got at least a point, so lets all cheer up and look forward to Saturdays game against Torquay.
Diggerthedog

It’s not doom and gloom just a realistic look at how we’re doing, if you’re saying we should only have positive opinions than I suggest we close the forum. If you think Croll and Deering are injured (not one mention of them being injured from anyone official) then that’s upto you but it stinks we’re not told. Where’s Brundle, had a twitter outburst at some fans and binned off.

Bromley have sacked their manager despite being 7th.
steeevooo

The Daggers isn't like an enclave of North Korea really with its complete lack of transparency, information and secrecy... :wink: :wink:
themightydagger

Brundle is not about because of personal issues i have heard. There will be a lot of changes, including manager for the next year.