Torquay Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Need to really upset the applecart to get something from this game although I don't see it, players really have to put a shift in here as we all know their manager will have a well drilled outfit baying for blood. If we turn up like we have done at the start of some away games (Aldershot & Woking) I can see a hammering and a job vacancy afterwards.

We need to start winning simple as, can't be taking points and be happy with it from this point forward until the end of the season because it will end up biting us on the arse,

Barnet have appointed a manager who will get them results, that's one team that is likely to catch us up and Yeovil cant be down there for much longer.
Daggerfan

We are 1-0 up Paul McCallum keep your fingers crossed
:beg:
Daggerfan

Brundle sent off, down to 10 with 50 left to play.
Oxhead

Fantastic win, boys gave everything
A S dagger97

Very lucky they missed a lot of chances, another day we'd of lost. Cant say we played well
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DaggerJoel11

We've beaten the league leaders on their own patch, something no one else has done this season. It's an exceptional result with eleven men, let alone ten.

Every player battled ferociously but special mention to Ogogo who was a man possessed. A real captain's performance.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Lucky yes but we made some of it with our application.

We were more than a match for them first half and with 11 I think we'd have won by more.
Dagdale

Great and hard fought win boys, who would have thought that! Brundle with the clash of heads unfortunate as crowds reaction didn't help, look at that line up and without Balants! That looked as solid as I've seen for a long time. Thought bringing in Eleftheriou was a great move, could this win springboard our season now?
Dagger83

Great win but a bloody shame we have the pointless trophy game now. Could have done with another league match to try and built momentum.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dag82

The main difference tonight was simple....... Effort !!!.

We rode our luck at times yeah, but we never stopped running / closing down / not shirking tackles.

That was a "DAGGERS" performance.

If we can play with that attitude, we will pick up regular points, simple.
Diggerthedog

Great result, they had chances but so did we before the sending off, was always going to be one sided after that. It’s been a huge slog of games since Mansfield I make its 6 games in 16 days and to put that effort in is brilliant, a few will get a well earned rest now.

Need to keep winning though, play offs is 5 points away as is relegation zone so it could be a turning point.

Well played lads.
Sagres

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:12 pm Great win but a bloody shame we have the pointless trophy game now.
You won't be saying that in May if we get to the final.

Defended really well 2nd half, 18th in the league but still only 5pts away from a play off slot.

Season still very much alive plenty of ups & downs to come.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wow did not see that coming but what an effort they died for us tonight.
15 points and two thirds have come away from home mmmmm you can see the problem.

We average a goal against us every game . That at the end of the season season is acceptable provided 60 + go in at the other end .
Thought we finally looked a team tonight for 40 minutes and the sending off changed everything. Well done boys you did us proud tonihht
redboy

Let’s hope this isn’t another false dawn that keeps the manager in his post for another month. If another team is better than us, I can accept that, but if another team tries harder, that’s unforgivable. For me, the key to our progress is Abu. He epitomises everything it takes to be a Dagger. He does his talking on the pitch which is more important than what the gaffer does off it. Last night proved what the team is capable of, hopefully we now have more belief too. COYD
jag

I have no finger nails left after watching that 2nd half, ie will we or won't we hold on, after seeing a fantastic cross and header for the goal, the lads from the off looked a totally better team than Saturdays performance. With their effort and passing making Torquay look 2nd best for long periods of the 1st half, I would like to think that this should now be the turning point for the rest of the season with that effort and attitude who knows what they can achieve, well done lads.