Mansfield Town (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

An hour until kick-off in this FA Cup tie, team news as follows:

Justham; Johnson, Croll, Wright, Ogogo; Deering, Rance, Brundle, Weston; Wilson, McCallum

Link to the stream here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54979664
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagger83

What a great goal that was.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
redboy

Poor defending for their goal. Wright ducks out of a challenge and no marking

Other than that we look decent going forward, nothing between the sides
Last edited by redboy on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagger Steve

Draw about right at HT.

We look dangerous going forward, and pressing well up the pitch.
But still very shaky at the back, albeit with some great blocking going on.

Their goal was very disappointing from out perspective.
stanton101

Golden opportunity for croll to win it. Should have scored.
Alan

No complaints. We lacked ambition after half time.
HGDagger

lol same old Dagenham
RM1Dagger

Gutted. We did fade but held our own in ET, and deserved to take it to pens. Played well overall.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dag82

Great effort defensively, and maybe we have now solved the problems back there.

Just need to figure out how to score more than once in a game, on a regular basis, and there might be some happier times ahead.
Dagger83

Mansfield deserved to win. Very even first half but they were on top for most of the game after that. Decent showing though and a lot of positives to take from it I thought.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done lads great effort I thought, considering we did not have the best of preparations with bbc reporting the journey had to be made in cars as the team bus broke down ,thought we did really well.

Disappointing with the winning goal and our Achilles heel of not seeing games out strikes again. Even more disappointing when the goal starts from a throw near their own corner flag with seconds left.

Lot to take from the game. More posative going forward and finally at least trying to put it in the opponents box when the opportunity arose.

FA Cup although nice is still going to be just a participants event this season , so in all honesty I ain't losing any sleep over it and perhaps dont feel as gutted as I would have done in a normal season.

As for the bus ,reports are it's likely to be out for a "fortnight"
Sagres

Football can be so cruel at times!
Mark

Cruel way to lose but I thought Mansfield could've had 4, missed a sitter, hit the post, couple of great saves by Justham and the one which somehow squirmed wide in the first few minutes.

We did battle very hard and I think we look a much better team these days. We could've had a couple ourselves and looked really decent first half especially. Unfortunately we seemed to run out of steam entirely, it became far too easy to get the ball into our box or set up shots around the edge. Weston I hope isn't out for long (again) because he was really driving us forward.

Hope we aren't too broken for Wednesday. As much it pains me, I'd probably bring Clark straight back in just so we can play Ogogo in midfield, Brundle I think needs to be left out.
Mick

Don’t like losing like that.
Would rather lose on pens.
Team looking stronger overall tho.
Diggerthedog

We were never going to outplay a team in the league above so could only compete and we did exactly that. Now let’s play with that mentality in the league and if we do there should be no reason we can move up a few spots over the next month.

Could do without Weston being injured again after he played so well today but how Rance played so well for so long after being out with injury is a sign of a battler, just what we need.

Let’s get 3 points Wednesday and climb the table please,