Fingers Crossed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

:thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu:
Last edited by Chigwellian on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayleighDagger1986

I guess the club will now send out the season tickets (new swipe cards) to us holders now in readiness of a return to grounds.
I take it no-one else has received there's so far?
ThatRoundThing

So the way I read the new rules that apply to us is 50% of capacity or 2000 whichever is the lower.
Season Ticket holders first I would imagine in our case. Travel in general will still be subject to local restrictions-not sure how that will work, maybe Home fans only in many cases.
Also subject to Tier restrictions are pubs and bars, remaining shut in Tier 3, Tier 2 can open if serving substantial meals. Once again how that applies to Sports Venues, I am not sure. Someone help me out here as I am still confused - from Thurrock. Will know more on Thursday.
What I DO know is that my booked birthday meal on Dec 2nd is cancelled but my partner’s booked birthday meal on Dec 3rd should go ahead. Damn clever this virus, 😥🎉
hockley dagger

It's not clear yet how big the areas to which the various tiers will be applied. If the ground falls under very high no fans. If high up to 2000. I can't see it being medium risk.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:33 pm So the way I read the new rules that apply to us is 50% of capacity or 2000 whichever is the lower.
Season Ticket holders first I would imagine in our case. Travel in general will still be subject to local restrictions-not sure how that will work, maybe Home fans only in many cases.
Also subject to Tier restrictions are pubs and bars, remaining shut in Tier 3, Tier 2 can open if serving substantial meals. Once again how that applies to Sports Venues, I am not sure. Someone help me out here as I am still confused - from Thurrock. Will know more on Thursday.
What I DO know is that my booked birthday meal on Dec 2nd is cancelled but my partner’s booked birthday meal on Dec 3rd should go ahead. Damn clever this virus, 😥🎉
Pipe for a carvery and 14 pints it is then.
A S dagger97

Would this affect our streaming service or is that fixed for the whole season?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Dagger83

A S dagger97 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:48 pm Would this affect our streaming service or is that fixed for the whole season?
I think they said if fans were allowed back, it would end and a pro-rata refund would be made. It'd be a shame though. There will be plenty who won't feel comfortable attending so I hope they can continue it.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ThatRoundThing

Any guesses on what Tier Dagenham will be placed in? Tier 2 or 3 I presume. Thurrock where I live was Tier 1, general opinion is that we will go up to Tier 2.
Cold, wet winter creeping up when attendances in normal times drop off a bit. Would the club be better off in Tier 3 having No Fans but presumably keeping £84k a month? I want what’s best for the club but at the same time it would be great to get back in the ground.
Dagger42

Posted on Dagenham official site if fans allowed in capacity will be 1400.
RayleighDagger1986

The same article mentions season ticket will be contacted directly. I hope they'll post out the new season ticket swipe card asap in readiness for next Wednesday!
Chalky69

So disappointing to hear that the next home match on Wednesday will NOT have a crowd. Couldn't quite understand the reason why but it is SO disappointing. It seems that somebody somewhere is not getting their finger out.
BB-Dagger

No next Wednesday Makes me wonder if that’s due to the season tickets not being sent out yet! The test event against Concord Rangers went well and an unprepared ground doesn’t sound right., disappointing as I’d already made the necessary arrangements to attend
Mark

The DCMS, FA and National League need to finalise the measures required. They may have changed since October. Not sure if the local council also get a say.
Dag82

Pipe Major are taking table bookings online, for Saturday 12th December.