Is this the most turgid football ever at Dagenham?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Not sure if it’s because I’m having to endure thus s**t sober and on TV but I honestly can’t think of a less energetic, slick and cohesive team as we have right now. Every game is painful to watch. We are slow, ponderous and downright clueless going forward. It might be that time blurs the senses but this is worse to me than the dire times under Carr, Cusack etc. Do they even train together because they can’t string more than 2 passes right now. Discuss.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
NBDag

No I’m going to say the season we didn’t win a home game until about April was slightly worse. This has been a slow start to the season that isn’t great or excusable to a certain extent, but let’s be realistic here in saying that right now it’s just a slow start. It’s currently too early to call it anything else.

Not being able to watch in person does make the experience much harder to put up with however.
Mark

It's less the results and more the way we're playing. I can't help but think we're going to take an absolute pasting soon it we keep playing like this. I can't recall seeing such a lethargic team represent us before, at least relative to the opposition.
Diggerthedog

We’ve had part time players perform much better than some of our current mess, it’s down to the manager to sort it out. He complains about not having a settled team but even the pre season games towards the last two weeks before the season he didn’t play his best team so can’t be surprised at the start.

Still no news on McCallums injury despite a scan over a week ago now.
Dag82

NBDag wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:46 pm No I’m going to say the season we didn’t win a home game until about April was slightly worse. This has been a slow start to the season that isn’t great or excusable to a certain extent, but let’s be realistic here in saying that right now it’s just a slow start. It’s currently too early to call it anything else.

Not being able to watch in person does make the experience much harder to put up with however.
" a slow start " SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY....

We start every game slow, continue slow, and finish slow.

Justham saved us at the weekend, from being pasted by an amateur village team.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed, that they may actually fancy putting a shift in, tomorrow night.
daggersjeff

RampantDuke wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:16 pm Not sure if it’s because I’m having to endure thus s**t sober and on TV but I honestly can’t think of a less energetic, slick and cohesive team as we have right now. Every game is painful to watch. We are slow, ponderous and downright clueless going forward. It might be that time blurs the senses but this is worse to me than the dire times under Carr, Cusack etc. Do they even train together because they can’t string more than 2 passes right now. Discuss.
You missed the Burnett era then?
ThatRoundThing

I hope our manager, coaching staff and especially the players watched Hartlepool v Torquay yesterday. Torquay gave a display full of energy and skill and thumped 5 past Hartlepool. A mixture of youth and experience were at the monkey hangers from the first whistle.

Tactically brilliant, so fit it left me thinking they could carry on for another hour. Despite the match being “won” early in the game they just kept the pressure and pushing right to the end.
The best National League team display I have seen so far.
We are so far behind the capabilities of that Torquay squad I honestly believe this is our relegation year.
Dagdale

What an incredible display especially considering the Pools were at home right up there running top or just below and in Gary Johnson may start off with a new club a tad slow but always seems to get the best out of his players and a very unified and happy camps wherever he goes, suppose its called respect. On this title a month in its getting to the summit I suppose, and I'm getting to the stage on saying 'is managing Dagenham & Redbridge the most difficult job in the lower pyramid'? we've had to sell our best especially on difficult times part and parcel, but why is it so many players who leave us turn out pick of the day?