Shambles

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

DM said post match "they wanted it more than us".

Really ??.

That is f*****g unacceptable, for a club given the amount of financial backing, that has come his way.

So what have we got this season, is it just a bunch of highly paid mercenaries, who don't give a sh*t ?.

And now we are going to start getting the "yeah, but we've got injuries" bullsh*t, all over again, for next 3 months.

This is a shambles, problems were obvious in pre-season, going back to the Maidstone game, and nothing has changed since.

We haven't even played any of the so called decent teams yet !!.
daggersjeff

The question has to be asked..................

If McCullum, who went off injured on Saturday, wasn't fit, then who the hell is giving him a clean bill of health to play?????

All of a sudden we see ANOTHER mounting injury list!!! Surely someone has to be asking questions of the Physio team now?????
Auntie Merge

daggersjeff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm The question has to be asked..................

If McCullum, who went off injured on Saturday, wasn't fit, then who the hell is giving him a clean bill of health to play?????

All of a sudden we see ANOTHER mounting injury list!!! Surely someone has to be asking questions of the Physio team now?????
Or who on the management team is playing players when the physio team might be advising the player to rest?
Blackie645

The more I hear the manager in his post match comments the more I get the feeling he hasn't a clue what he is doing.
He looks clueless and is, if they wanted it more than us then our lot r not motivated.
People on here thought our manager was the right person to lead us, I am beginning to question this right now.
I ask myself why do guys sign for the Daggers, is it for the money or because they love the club.
Say what you like about Mr Still and his brand of football, he brought in a mentality of being a DAGGER, maybe corny but it worked( when we got promotion) these players don't love our club.
Dagdale

Spot on dag82! From the opening day we should be a team wanting it badly, show unity and a strong will to win, one win out of 4 to fairly mediocre teams hangs a big question mark over how come? True that some teams start off without full load and move up a gear and don't think most of us are panicking I just feel a bit for the guys of Colorado though who under very difficult times have laid out hard cash to what hopefully we will see a few quality results. Get the shirt on, give it all and pull effing socks up!
Blackie645

Dagdale spot on, but if they r not putting the effort in then there is something wrong.
I go back to my original post, there must b a reason (apart from cash), or
Why aren't u putting the effort in, is it the manager or is it the club. Just saying 😌
Diggerthedog

The whole we’re going for promotion chatter never worked out well last season and it certainly not looking like working out well this time around. My first choice was the BW manager Luke Garrard much better track record at this level with smaller budgets than McMahon had at Ebbsfleet.

You have to ask what sort of calibre of signings we made because apart from McCallum what other players are an actual proven force at this level? None of them is the answer. I won’t list and go through them but you can make arguments for each one, they’ve never got their sides promoted so what’s to think they would for us?

The fact we’ve now turned to Adams who was crap here last time and was crap at Barnet, was ok against Wealdstone but I would have been as they were terrible, he was completely anonymous against Woking. We now seem desperate.

Massive turnaround needed which is not easy and a good chance against Yeovil who have also started poorly but won’t be holding my breath.

This clubs seems cursed, 10 years of slow painful decline and were just a tad fortunate we’re not already at the level below.
Auntie Merge

So how long has Daryl got?
Mark

Agree this club has been in decline for years. The off pitch stuff is much better with all the investment we've had but the football team seems to just get worse.

We constantly have bad injuries and half fit players, this has happened under consecutive managers and 3 different fitness coaches. Half the first team missed the last few friendlies and we have started the season looking completely unfit. This can't just be luck.

Daryl gave us a big lift last season and got committed, attacking performances out of relatively poor players. I was hoping that with better players, his brand of football would mean an exciting season.

I've been disappointed by his recruitment in general, other than other than McCallum and Saunders I'm not sure any of his signings would've been on my list. We've tried signing the "better" players from bad conference sides before, Taylor did it last season and Gary Hill tried it once, it doesn't work. He's tried to sign leaders but we still look disorganised. Nobody he's signed other than 2 have any pace, and nobody bar McCallum is physically imposing. You can't win with plodders.

Having said that, I think you can still get to peak fitness and press high if you have the right attitude. Plenty of sides have made up for a lack of physical attributes with mental ones. This is the most worrying part for me.

We can't keep throwing money at it, I wouldn't sign any more players bar loans and I certainly wouldn't think the manager is under any threat after 3 bad games. But he does need to start getting these players fitter, sharper and working a lot harder.
Blackie645

I dont think our American friends will put up with this for too long, I should think with the money invested play offs are the what they expect. That's a million miles away
Blackie645

Give him till Xmas. But what I want is for us to start winning
Alan

At the time of his appointment my concern was that McMahon had obtained results at Ebsfleet by spending an absolute fortune.

viewtopic.php?t=4233
Blue Hoops

I also totally agree Dag82. Watching, or rather enduring the screening of the match against Maidstone United, the writing was completely on the wall. The players neither cared or could be bothered to put themselves out. I have been watching football for over 60 years and l know crap when l see it. This half-hearted manner of thinking they can just turn up and win matches is totally floored. We had the opposite standpoint when we had the mentality of players such as Cole and Matthews playing in the team, who would keep fighting to the bitter end. Effort as well as ability is paramount. Woking had in bucket loads the other night. We showed absolutely nothing.

Its looked quite obvious for the past few weeks, players like Paul McCallum, that his heart is just not in it. If it was 'walking football' he might win prizes, but ambling through games, not really making a proper aerial challenge of any description. Ultimately he has got injured I fear because of his own lack of real commitment, which was always going to happen.

We have spoken about the 'grim reaper' aka John Gowens on this forum many times in the past, yet he we are today with at least seven players on the injured list and we have only played a few games and are looking to miss many more in the future. It can only be they are not really fit to play in the first place, with injuries being ignored or not getting the right treatment. So many past players have stated this is an area they were not happy with.

Mr McMahon needs a real awakening to to the situation, he now must draft in players that really go out there and want to win matches. Playing young kids such as Kai Brown is not being fair to them. The lad was put in a situation way out of his depth and is only going to damage his future career. Why not play Will Wright or Matt Robinson and change the team around to accommodate them in some way, at least they have experience.

The reality is that there are still 12 games (if you include the FA Cup match) until Christmas, by which time any aspirations of obtaining even a play-off place will be gone.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 am So how long has Daryl got?
I’d give him enough time to turn this situation around which should be after 15 games and for us to be in the top half at that point. The owners want promotion I had hope that play offs was always a chance before the signings but can only see top half at most now.

I really really want the manager to succeed because unlike the previous one he attempts to win matches.
Daggerjamie

I think the way forward is going by the old format looking for young hungry players from the lower leagues.we desperately need a bit of pace and still a centre half or 2 short.