Barnet (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

After Saturday's below-par opening to new campaign, we quickly entertain another side who made the 2019/20 National League play-offs in the form of Barnet as competitive football returns to Victoria Road for the first time in just under seven months.

Barnet's prediction thread for tonight (http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=15299) indicates that there's not too much confidence exuding from their camp following their 5-1 defeat to Eastleigh, but it's fair to say they'll be smarting from that and will have just as much determination to bounce back as we hopefully will.

COYD - let's get our first points on the board.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm After Saturday's below-par opening to new campaign, we quickly entertain another side who made the 2019/20 National League play-offs in the form of Barnet as competitive football returns to Victoria Road for the first time in just under seven months.

Barnet's prediction thread for tonight (http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=15299) indicates that there's not too much confidence exuding from their camp following their 5-1 defeat to Eastleigh, but it's fair to say they'll be smarting from that and will have just as much determination to bounce back as we hopefully will.

COYD - let's get our first points on the board.
Aware we're only one game in... but, given their pre-season/ summer and the fact we are at home, is there another game this season that we have to be winning more than this one?? Barnet by all accounts appear to be in a real mess
Auntie Merge

slow, look a division difference, uninspiring, unmotivated
AVincelotFlyingLeap

We should be awarded three extra goals for lining up with 1-11 in squad numbers and therefore we’ve won 4-2
HGDagger

Same old Dagenham
Blackie645

What a load of rubbish
Alan

Very poor even 11 v 11. Play-offs? Good Lord.
NBDag

The mind boggles at how we manage to sign supposedly the best players from other clubs and then get this dross back. We have one of the best strikers in the league who is meant to be almost unplayable in the air yet how many crosses did we get in there tonight?

Defence needs a massive shakeup too. Rance invisible all game and another pathetic penalty. Granted if Croll was on the pitch it wouldn’t have happened, but Barnet were not a threat up until then.
BB-Dagger

Very depressed after that, overall performance just wasn’t good enough and we deserved nothing, how fed up are we going to be on Saturday night after being able to watch the whole game instead of suffering the streaming service?
We’ve hit rock bottom already and I can’t see anything changing anytime soon.
Diggerthedog

Shocking, I expected mid table maybe even 10th but at this rate we will be in the league below. I never believed the hype of play offs or winning the thing the signings are simply not good enough, only McCallum was a marquee signing the rest are bang average.

Manager has to win Saturday and given how pacey Wealdstone are I cant see it, abysmal start.
Lcbdagger

If you attended any of the friendlies the alarm bells were ringing already about the defence...

Expected more up front from watching the last six weeks or so where we at least had some attacking creativity

No excuses tonight... that's as poor a team as will be faced in this division over the next 9 months
RM1Dagger

Would have felt much worse being there...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Friendly Bee

Don't think taking Callum Reynolds off our hands makes up for the donkeys Still brought with him from you lot.

I was expecting a gubbing tonight so am very surprised. However I think we will be below mid table all season.

Best of luck for the season
Mark

Reynolds looks marginally better than Johnson so far but it isn't much of a contest! On that showing both sides are going to struggle badly this season.
Dagdale

Could we ever imagined a start like this on what daggers have purchased pre-season? Shocking 180 minutes of football so far it sounds, and what pattern runs through my box again the players that leave us and follow through? Tonight Ben House scores 2 for Eastleigh, Michael Cheek scores 2 for Bromley, Rhys Murphy scores for Yeovil Town, quite simply how come we never seem to get the best out of players, or more importantly why don't we keep strikers with a bit of quality?