Game one

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Squad confirmed and starting eleven in... curious to see how we get on after the last few friendlies... have looked good in attack but less secure at the back

Starting XI suggests a 433 or 451 formation which is strange as friendlies have looked like we were going with 3 centre backs.
Dagger83

What a daft penalty to concede!
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
daggersjeff

Totally unneccessary!
Oxhead

What was Clarke doing, last minute,
handballs it then fouls the guy
Dagger83

We were second best for most of that so they deserve the lead but no need to foul him there. Balanta's chance where he hit it softly to the keeper was our only real chance (other than the brain fart by their defender that was almost an OG).
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Daggerman

Second best all game, Daggers work rate was poor, passing in the final third was poor, streaming was a bit of joke with the camera positioning, and the northern monkeys commentary was piss poor sound wise, may I suggest turning off the microphone next time!
As for playoff contenders.... not on that showing.
NBDag

Any chance of a second lockdown? That was dreadful. Why was Rance starting when yesterday we were saying he’s out for a month? Why play 3 at the back for most of pre-season just to switch to 4 at the back and then get done massively out wide? Why push our top scorer from last year as far away from the box as possible?

It wasn’t quite Taylor-esque. But Daryl that was really really bad.
Oxhead

On that showing he doesn’t know his
best 11
Chigwellian

Oxhead wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm On that showing he doesn’t know his
best 11
I've heard that a few times, different manager 🤣
Diggerthedog

Shocking performance, here’s a few points that are a worry for me.

Clarke Terrible and has been for about a year now, never seen a player so slow and give away so many penalties. Balanta too far away from the box most of the game no point playing him really. Didn’t win a second ball and played a different shape to the one we played most of preseason. Can’t seem to win a header at the back seem too short, not really replaced manny.

Deering left on the Bench was a joke decision, best ball player we have in the whole squad.

Barnet next and they’re a even bigger shambles should be fun. All the bluster about play offs was never going to happen recruitment seems lacklustre to me.
DaggerJoel11

Wow, that was really poor.

Don't want to be too reactionary on the first game of the new season, but it was flat and bitterly underwhelming. We were shaky at the back and predictable going forwards.

Clark was lucky not to give away a penalty about a minute earlier as well through handball. He got spun all afternoon and constantly makes clumsy challenges like that.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
JohnP

Oxhead wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm On that showing he doesn’t know his
best 11
Totally agree. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Brundle feature at all during preseason?
Dagdale

This Shay ground at Halifax must go down as the daggers biggest jinxed ground just never seem to win there even in the F.A Cup and if my memory corrects me lost very early there last season, all in all quite disappointing as from what I hear we didn't have much on target, argh well! surely with Barnet Tuesday night we can't get any worse can we?
hockley dagger

On that showing Tuesday could be a relegation 6 pointer.
IanC

Thought how midfield was dire,too samey and deering should have started.
We only started getting brighter when Johnson was pushed further up the park.
Macaallum had to wait 71 mins for a decent cross.
Far to early though,players haven’t had a competitive game for 7 months and it showed.
Onwards and upwards