Streaming

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Streaming

Post by Mike the Dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:10 pm

BB-Dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 pm
Daggers home games are £8-99 for season ticket holders £9-99 for non season ticket holders

"We therefore want to offer our season ticket holders the opportunity to retain their ticket, and where applicable, their reserved seat without financial penalty. Any Season ticket holder that retains their season ticket will be issued with a season long streaming pass, free of charge."


It is being valued at £8.99 for season ticket holders for the benefit of working out a pro rata value if at any point the ground can be opened, with the balance credited on the cost of next seasons renewal. I'd guess this is better than Halifax are offering, although I can't say for definite as I haven't checked their deal.

Chigwellian
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Chigwellian » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Has anybody received their streaming confirmation email?

Daggerfan
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Daggerfan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm

I haven't recieved my confirmation email yet. I have also tried to contact them about the issue via the contact email address and have not heard anything back yet.

Online
Diggerthedog
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Diggerthedog » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:38 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:10 pm
BB-Dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 pm
Daggers home games are £8-99 for season ticket holders £9-99 for non season ticket holders

"We therefore want to offer our season ticket holders the opportunity to retain their ticket, and where applicable, their reserved seat without financial penalty. Any Season ticket holder that retains their season ticket will be issued with a season long streaming pass, free of charge."


It is being valued at £8.99 for season ticket holders for the benefit of working out a pro rata value if at any point the ground can be opened, with the balance credited on the cost of next seasons renewal. I'd guess this is better than Halifax are offering, although I can't say for definite as I haven't checked their deal.
So if it’s free of charge I will get my season ticket next season for free if we play no homes games this season? Or I will get a refund minus £8.99 of all the games that are streamed? Sorry I’m genuinely confused.

User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: Streaming

Post by ThatRoundThing » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm

From the club website:

“This may sound complicated, but for example:
An Adult Terrace Season Ticket Holder, who paid £250 for their season ticket. If fans are allowed back from the 22nd March there would still be 7 home games left, having played 16. Pro rata the 7 games, which equates to £76.08 + 16 streamed games @ £8.99 equating to £143.84, giving a total of £219.92. This would then result in an amount of £30.08 being carried forward towards next season. Obviously, the exact amount would vary depending on when spectators were allowed back.

The advantage of keeping your season ticket, is that not only do you show your support for the club during these difficult times, but it also ensures that you are guaranteed admittance for the remaining matches played in front of spectators.

In the unlikely event that the whole of the 2020/21 season is played behind closed doors, for an Adult Terrace Season Ticket Holder, who has paid £250 for their season ticket: 23 games @ £8.99 = £206.77, would mean £43.23 carried forward towards next season.”

You would also be able to buy next season’s season ticket at this season’s price.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Streaming

Post by Mike the Dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm

You can have a refund on your season ticket if you want. i.e. pay nothing, get nothing. If you want to stream a home game you pay for that game individually at £9.99.

Or you keep your season ticket as paid already (adult terrace £250) and get a streaming code so you can watch home games. Each game played behind closed doors will come out of what you have paid this season for your season ticket at £8.99, whereas the nominal cost per game on your terrace season ticket is about £10.87. If the ground opens part way through the season you will be credited on a renewal for 2021/22 based on how many games you could actually attend in person vs how many you couldn't.

So if they stream 10 games and open for 13 the calculation is something like £250 - £89.90 - £141.31 = £18.79 credit.

I've not looked, but presuming that Halifax have a similar £250 season ticket that is now giving "free" access to streaming (which is not free, its a a nominal £10.87 a match because you paid £250 to be a season ticket holder), if they aren't doing a similar credit scheme, then the Daggers deal is better.

DAG42
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:25 am

Re: Streaming

Post by DAG42 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 pm

I queried code with ticket office by email. They advised will be sent to season ticket holders before Tuesdays game.
Tomorrow is a pay for game match on behalf of Halifax.

Pondfield Dagger
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Pondfield Dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm

me personally definately not paying for streaming especially when they put the odd home game or two on BT sports as well. wont be asking for my 250 either. i can be 250 in credit until fans are let back in.
i will pop down clubhouse, some one will blow it up form laptop onto large screen in big hall, for sure.
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BB-Dagger
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Streaming

Post by BB-Dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 pm

BT now showing the Wealdstone game live, will season ticket holders still have £8-99 deducted from their credit on this game at the end of the season?
I would have liked the option to carry my season ticket over to next year and just pay if/as I attend this season, having more than one season ticket in the home makes the decision to ask for a refund easier for me even though I'm still uneasy about it.

DevonDagger
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by DevonDagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 pm

BB-Dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 pm
BT now showing the Wealdstone game live, will season ticket holders still have £8-99 deducted from their credit on this game at the end of the season?
I would have liked the option to carry my season ticket over to next year and just pay if/as I attend this season, having more than one season ticket in the home makes the decision to ask for a refund easier for me even though I'm still uneasy about it.
Taking in mind BT Sports is a subscription service itself, I wouldn't be surprised if it's considered irrelevant. If it were on a free to view channel that would be different I'd suggest.

hockley dagger
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by hockley dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Are there going to be 23 or 22 games? I assume Macc are done, unless anyone has heard of a rescue attempt? I assume tomorrow's game is on. Quite a few postponements due to the weather but I think Yorkshire has been a bit drier than the south today.

BB-Dagger
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Streaming

Post by BB-Dagger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:35 pm

DevonDagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 pm
BB-Dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 pm
BT now showing the Wealdstone game live, will season ticket holders still have £8-99 deducted from their credit on this game at the end of the season?
I would have liked the option to carry my season ticket over to next year and just pay if/as I attend this season, having more than one season ticket in the home makes the decision to ask for a refund easier for me even though I'm still uneasy about it.
Taking in mind BT Sports is a subscription service itself, I wouldn't be surprised if it's considered irrelevant. If it were on a free to view channel that would be different I'd suggest.
Ha Ha fair point, I have BT and others so my original comment is total bow locks!

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Dagger83 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm

hockley dagger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:19 pm
Are there going to be 23 or 22 games? I assume Macc are done, unless anyone has heard of a rescue attempt? I assume tomorrow's game is on. Quite a few postponements due to the weather but I think Yorkshire has been a bit drier than the south today.
I'm in Yorkshire and it's been nice up here. Cold but dry.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Dagger83 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Do we know what time the stream starts?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Chigwellian
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Streaming

Post by Chigwellian » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Dagger83 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 pm
Do we know what time the stream starts?
Still not on... with 9 mins to go

Post Reply