NHS COVID 19 Smartphone App

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

It was announced today that to gain entry to the clubhouse a NHS Covid 19 Track and Trace App must be on your Smartphone in order to scan the QR Code before entering.

Thoughts anybody? Some people admittedly more elderly but not all, don’t have or don’t want a Smartphone. Some with phones don’t want the App.
Mark

Definitely flawed. I have several family members without a smartphone.
ThatRoundThing

Having been directed to look again, it appears that signing in at the bar IS STILL an option. Should have put my glasses on :thumbu:
hockley dagger

Indeed test and trace is mandated and the law requires the poster to be displayed.
Dagdale

Don't mind that one little bit after all many of us have been doing it more at restaurants, pubs etc as of late, what I cant get me head around why people can go en masse in supermarkets and other hospitality aveneus inside of course, but can't watch lower attended football where crowds dont go much above 5,000 outside under a controlled environment, if we had to don the mask think from seeing the other night most of us would go for it.
Dagger83

Dagdale wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:57 am Don't mind that one little bit after all many of us have been doing it more at restaurants, pubs etc as of late, what I cant get me head around why people can go en masse in supermarkets and other hospitality aveneus inside of course, but can't watch lower attended football where crowds dont go much above 5,000 outside under a controlled environment, if we had to don the mask think from seeing the other night most of us would go for it.
Supermarkets are a necessity and there isn't the capacity for home deliveries for all. Football isn't a necessity. I agree that the comparison looks with pubs etc doesn't make sense though. Then again, as far as I know there aren't any Tory donors in lower league football whereas Tim Martin of Wetherspoons is.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Alan

I’m afraid that the club are wrong on this.

The statement says that visitors to the club HAVE to scan the QR code and that those without a smartphone can leave their details.

The NHS App is not mandatory to use. It cannot be used by under 16s. Aside from its technical flaws, if the app notifies you to self isolate this is unenforceable, unlike if you are called by test and trace.

Another ridiculous flaw in the app is, and I am quoting the NHS here, “ test took place in a Public Health England lab or NHS hospital, or as part of national surveillance testing conducted by the Office for National Statistics, test results cannot currently be linked with the app whether they’re positive or negative.”

So if you flag symptoms, those within 2m for 15 minutes will be told to self isolate, but never know that you tested negative. This app is a joke.
daggersjeff

Aside from it being a joke, I am one of those mentioned, IE elderly.

I do have an Iphone albeit a 5s. When Ive tried to download the app, it tells me I need IOS 13. something or other.
I can't download that onto my I phone as its only for 6 and above!! :banghead:

So, in effect, I would be forced to buy a new I phone just to use one App!
I think not!! :coin:
RM1Dagger

I do have some sympathy with non users and those with older phones but overall I think this is a non-story. About 80% of the population have smartphones and most phones need updating after about three years due to battery life etc, plus others cease to be supported by updates.

Happy to give the government a kicking over the pandemic, but the real issue here was not getting it sorted much sooner.
Now the SE27 Dagger