Matty Cash

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Who would gave thought when he was on loan to us that some day this player would be sold for £16m. 🤷‍♂️
Mark

It seems the move to right back has really made him as a player. He didn't make quite the same impression as Worrall for us but clearly had some ability, I certainly wouldn't have expected this though! Hope he does well.
Dagdale

Even to this day him and Worrall were probably the best loanees we've ever had, good luck to the lad who came over to the daggers at far from the clubs best days but really worked hard for us, never forget that Bristol Rovers back to back promotion game other than the remarkable Mark Cousins legendary performance and Matty scoring to put us in front early on, him and Frankie Raymond were terrific in midfield and if only we had got it as good as that weeks before would we have slipped out of the EFL? Didn't we give them a game!
Alan

Matt Ritchie was a pretty good loan player, I’d argue better than Cash or Worrall
Diggerthedog

I’d add Matt Baudry to that, he kept us up the season he came in.
RayleighDagger1986

Alan wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm Matt Ritchie was a pretty good loan player, I’d argue better than Cash or Worrall
That's the point. Cash fee has surprised me but it just shows how much he has improved.
Ritchie and Gayle commanded big fees and I think Worrall did as well.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Thought Cash was a fine player for us but did not expect him to be converted to a right back !! Great move for him
BarkingRambo

Pretty hard to really point anyone out as doing well from season Cash and Worral were with us, they were good and we would have been down a lot sooner without them but definitely wouldn't have said one would be worth £16 million and in the English premiership with the other having played European football with Rangers. When you consider some of the crap we have had in on loan they are up there but nowhere near Richie. Then again Richie was in one of the strongest squads we ever had Saunders, Foster, Griffiths, in form Strevens that makes it a bit easier to stand out.

Thinking about the loans we have had in we have done fairly ok with CBs, Baudry, Worral, Manny, wasn't Arber originally a loan too.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

99% sure he's the first ever ex-Dagenham and Redbridge player to be called up for the World Cup ? A meteoric rise I'm sure we can all agree
Auntie Merge

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:36 pm 99% sure he's the first ever ex-Dagenham and Redbridge player to be called up for the World Cup ? A meteoric rise I'm sure we can all agree
Agreed.

But if we are talking best loanees, doesn’t Jordan Maguire-Drew deserve a mention?