Ebbsfleet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Yeah it was tucked away but a really nice set-up nonetheless. Brilliant to be back in a ground, even just for a pre-season friendly. In fairness, though, it was very entertaining as Great Wakering more than matched us for the majority of the game. Balanta was the difference, as he always is, and his quick-fire double killed the hosts before a trialist added a third shortly after.

As for trialists, the one I've just mentioned took his goal well but did miss another one-on-one and somehow didn't convert into an empty net at the far post. Kai Brown looked very sharp, if quite raw but to be fair he is 19. Once again we had Jack Connors and Will Wright featuring for us, alongside another trialist centre-half believed to be Marvin McCoy.

There weren't too many players who looked as individually brilliant, with Balanta the only one to particularly stand out. Maybe I'd add Phipps to that list because he looked very impressive in the first half. Aside from those two, the other players all looked okay; not great but not overly poor either. Doesn't really matter too much though because it was a friendly and there are four weeks until the meaningful stuff kicks off.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
lupins

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:57 pm
lupins wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm Justham
Elefetheriou, Clarke, Onariase, Croll
Deering, Phipps, Brundle
Balanta,
House, Wilkinson,,

Signings can often come off or not but the above isnt the worst
Justham was here under Still, House was average at best with Brundle, Elefetheriou and Clarke the jury is still out. I could have signed Balanta and Deering from past experiences.

Good to see the current manager looking at the leagues below for some talent not players his mates know, Quigley.
Was Justham in the side under Still?

House average, really

Brundle, Elefetheriou, Clarke hardly the jury still out but the current manager obviously likes

Would Balanta have coming without having previously worked with Taylor. I dont remember anyone saying we must get Deering or Balanta before they arrived
Diggerthedog

But Taylor didn’t sign Justham, regardless if he was in the team or not. House score twice in all of his appearances for us, he might come good due to his age but he was just average for me. .

I can easily see Clarke and Brundle not starting next season, lots of similar quality options in the squad now.

Taylor signed a few decent players but most were terrible and the one that sums up his signings is the left back from Charlton in place of Gordon, laughable
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another posative result and the clear out continues.

Never saw anything from Grant whilst here to justify a fee that we paid and although Saturday he bagged a couple me and Arnu remember Tomlin doing that pre season.

Never looked upto it , my best memory was when he was one on one with the Keeper at Notts County last year and once again missed, one of our loyalist supporters turned to me and said and that sums up our Strikeforce. Simply not good enough.

So many times last year he was missing when he should have been scoring and as a result we dropped so many points.

Good luck to him but I can't ever see him making an impact at this level
DaggerJoel11

After a near six-month break, Daggers supporters finally had a chance to watch the team last night. It was an exciting contest by pre-season standards, with Balanta the difference as he so often is.

Here's my match report: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... g-rovers-a
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''