Ebbsfleet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Decent sounding opener to the new season
DaggerJoel11

Well the results of pre-season have little effect on the real stuff but winning can't hurt and it's nice to overcome a test against reasonable opposition from the league below.

Good for McCallum to get off the mark so quickly as well, and some goal it was too according to McMahon. There will be highlights on Ebbsfleet's Youtube tomorrow morning so we can see for ourselves.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Quigley not involved at all ? Yes please
HGDagger

Anyone notice the new daggers badge in the video? What's that about? https://youtu.be/CKgNGHqpkAk
Lcbdagger

First goal on YouTube suggested Connors was back with us... any idea who else was on Trial?
Diggerthedog

HGDagger wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:32 am Anyone notice the new daggers badge in the video? What's that about? https://youtu.be/CKgNGHqpkAk
That’s the badge on some of the merchandise.
Pondfield Dagger

go to 7 mins on the youtube highlights video Justham top corner save, wow

best keeper in the league
Diggerthedog

I’d be worried if I was am the manager the amount of times Ebbsfleet got in behind the wing backs, obviously it’s just the first game of preseason so plenty of work to do.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Lcbdagger wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm First goal on YouTube suggested Connors was back with us... any idea who else was on Trial?
Yes please
Mark

Line up in both halves was very attacking. We tried to press but it was too easy to get past it and get in behind. Still think we're short at the back.

Really hope we don't sign Connors. I know we've signed a fair few ex Ebbsfleet and Daryl seems to like getting what he knows, but there's a limit. Connors isn't good enough to play at this level.

Interesting that he kept Weston on the right, I was assuming he'd be first choices on the left this season. Just a friendly so probably can't read too much into it, but you'd think he'd be bedding people into their roles. I'd prefer a proper right wing back if we need cover for Eleftheriou.

Think Will Wright was one of the trialists. Not sure on the other 2 yet. The striker looked very lively but couldn't finish.

Wonder if Grant has finally found his shooting boots or if it was a flash in the pan.
Dagdale

Grant? just maybe now with 3 quality strikers around him he's got to 'up his game' and deliver, last season it just didn't tick but so did quite a few other things and a fair bit got lost in transit on the field, a new campaign? New ideas? and let's really hope for a confident team, that squad is looking quite impressive now, also I think giving the right players around him we could see a much more developed Luque.
Lcbdagger

Dagdale wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 am Grant? just maybe now with 3 quality strikers around him he's got to 'up his game' and deliver, last season it just didn't tick but so did quite a few other things and a fair bit got lost in transit on the field, a new campaign? New ideas? and let's really hope for a confident team, that squad is looking quite impressive now, also I think giving the right players around him we could see a much more developed Luque.
Always thought Luque had a decent upside but, for someone in his position on the pitch his final ball in to the box last season was non existent! No help at all for an attack that struggled to create their own chances.

Was never that down on Grant last season but he was playing, usually with a partner who also wasn't scoring... have a feeling anyone can look stronger alongside a fit Balanta and McCallum if the team are scoring goals around Grant
Mark

Thought Grant was one of the worst forwards I've seen play for us, but if he can turn it around then fair play to him. A bit of confidence and a few goals can completely change a career.
Dag82

Mark wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 am Line up in both halves was very attacking. We tried to press but it was too easy to get past it and get in behind. Still think we're short at the back.

Really hope we don't sign Connors. I know we've signed a fair few ex Ebbsfleet and Daryl seems to like getting what he knows, but there's a limit. Connors isn't good enough to play at this level.

Interesting that he kept Weston on the right, I was assuming he'd be first choices on the left this season. Just a friendly so probably can't read too much into it, but you'd think he'd be bedding people into their roles. I'd prefer a proper right wing back if we need cover for Eleftheriou.

Think Will Wright was one of the trialists. Not sure on the other 2 yet. The striker looked very lively but couldn't finish.

Wonder if Grant has finally found his shooting boots or if it was a flash in the pan.
Connors would be a decent squad player imo, he played regular for us in L2, so bit harsh to say he ain't upto NL Level.

As I recall, was a steady player, who never really let us down.

Was also with Ebbsfleet, when they were going well, a couple of seasons back, under Daryl.
Mark

Thought he was way short of the standard in league two but wouldn't hold that against him, he was young and it was a better level, one of Wayne's questionable picks.

He did well by all accounts when ebbsfleet got promoted, but they and Dover both got shot quite fast at this level. Last season he was in and out of the side for a team who nearly got relegated out of the national south!