Refund?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Thanks Barking Rambo suppose it depends on how well or not so well ticket sales go, understand there is a new set of ground rules to obey but just maybe like the previous establishments filtered in it will become a bit more flexible. Hard one to chew with football as its fast attacking game and emotions get united, have we lost football as we know it come what considerable time that's the bottom line?
bloke down the pub

Ally Fraser wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:56 pm The club should be offering partial refunds or money off next season’s. It’s the right thing to do, regardless if you want to accept it or not.
Agree
bloke down the pub

bloke down the pub wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Ally Fraser wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:56 pm The club should be offering partial refunds or money off next season’s. It’s the right thing to do, regardless if you want to accept it or not.
Agree
It seems I must have missed the clubs statment that ,in Thommo's words ""All you have to do is let us know if you want your tickets refunded for the missed games last season. and it will be done" I would like to thank all those people who have paid 33% more for their season tickets.Wether they new it or not. Well Done
Diggerthedog

What did the club say when you contacted them about this?
bloke down the pub

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm What did the club say when you contacted them about this?
See Above. Said it was discused at foram meeting and on sosial media.
Diggerthedog

And the outcome?
Mark

Stop making such a fuss. They aren't going to announce it because it will increase the uptake and they need every quid they can get when were losing 5 figures a month during lockdown. If, as you say, it's a case of asking and you get, then I don't see what the problem is.
Don Beech 3

Mark wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:55 pm Stop making such a fuss. They aren't going to announce it because it will increase the uptake and they need every quid they can get when were losing 5 figures a month during lockdown. If, as you say, it's a case of asking and you get, then I don't see what the problem is.
Think this likely to be the main part. As member at Essex CCC on the Zoom forums they had they mentioned about how they wouldn't/coudln't afford to refund all memberships in bulk but if people got in touch with issues suffered due to Covid they would certainly refund. Same thing seems to have happened with D&R that if you get in touch they will refund an amount of last seasons but they weren't going to preach it from the rooftops (or on Facebook or twatter). Whether Trinity Holdings should have been seen to be doing more is a interesting one
Mark

I get the point about trinity given their resources, but right now they are making a big loss on this football club. They have invested in long contracts for some of the best players in this division and I think deserve our support in turn. Maybe we'll be able to sell several of them for a profit and maybe we'll go up and trinity will sell us for a profit. But if that happens, everyone wins anyway.
Auntie Merge

I look at it slightly differently. If the club was going down the tubes and as a season ticket holder I was asked to pledge £40 to keep it going, I would.
Basically the club has got my £40 now (or however much it is, i’ve had a new bang on the head, can’t do sums) in order to support it via covid. I haven’t really lost anything. and if for instance the games I lost were the ones managed by Peter Taylor, I’ve actually saved a LOT, a HUGE amount by not having to watch crap football.

The club can
keep my money, 6-0
wins all round!
Mark

If you'd asked me for an extra 40 quid after carshalton away to not have to watch a Taylor side again, I'd have paid it. And paid for anyone who couldn't afford it. :tongue:
bloke down the pub

Mark wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:57 pm If you'd asked me for an extra 40 quid after carshalton away to not have to watch a Taylor side again, I'd have paid it. And paid for anyone who couldn't afford it. :tongue:
When they put your income tax up by 33% lets hope we hear you say ,well they have had a lot of expenses of late.
Mark

Bit different. 40 quid to the club you support ( which you would've paid anyway if they'd played the games ) versus probably hundreds or thousands in tax to the Exchequer.
Daggerman

It’s bloody obvious to anyone with an IQ over 10 that the government will increase taxes in some way to cover the costs of furlough and other benefits that have helped society during the COVID crisis, it may be VAT, fuel duty, tobacco or alcohol but to come up with a figure of 33% for income tax is total cr@p and nothing but a stupid comment coming from no doubt someone who has benefited from these benefits in some way!
I agree with what has been stated by others that my unused match day tickets are a small token towards helping my club survive over this period and with new restrictions it isn’t over yet.