Refund?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

This all boils down to whether you feel that establishments are safe and that A.. you won't catch it and B....if you do ,that you won't pass it on to your vulnerable relatives and friends.
I speak as someone who has lost 2 close friends to coronavirus. One of which was fit and healthy and totally the last person you'd think would ever get ill let alone die.
It's just my opinion but people ain't really taking it that seriously. Yeah they're wearing masks in Tesco's and washing their hands but they'll go up the pub and like said previously will happily let 4 other people handle their food and cutlery and drinks then touch all the same surfaces as everyone else.
The last home game did anyone notice the players touched elbows at the start then all cuddled eachother at the end.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Essex cricket, a members club, gave nothing back for this year, even with no games for spectators. Apparently football league clubs in Essex have given rebates. I haven't had a ST for a while. I'm a life member at Essex and prioritise that if there's a clash. The lad has a ST but as he won't be able to stand with his mates in the West Stand he'll probably do it match by match and stand with me.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:13 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:31 pm
ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm I wouldn’t be asking for anything back, also season ticket holders are not the only ones to have lost out. On the commercial side Sponsors, advertisers, match and match ball sponsors, hospitality boxes, match mascots may have all paid upfront and may not all ask for money back.I doubt whether hospitality will open up when fans are allowed in, I imagine it will be a gradual process with so many unknowns to get through first.
I think I heard singing etc is a NO with zero tolerance. I hope the stewards aren’t given a hard time.
We all want our football back and as with all COVID problems we are supposed to abide by rules.

I do find it puzzling how different businesses are interpreting the rules. My local pub I walk in, order a drink and find an empty table and sit down. However at my social club you walk in, have a temperature gun pointed at you, show membership card, sign in, order a drink one end of the bar, collect from the other end of the bar, told a choice of which tables to sit at and sign out on your way out.
I’ve been to three different Eat Out To Help Out pub/restaurants and all had slightly different ways of running their businesses.

When we are all allocated a space/seat around the ground to maintain social distancing and “bubbles” how is that going to be implemented in the clubhouse before and after the game?
I ventured out last Friday for drink for the first time followed by a curry, the pub allowed 5 of us to sit inside when it started raining but no details were taken but we were ordering on the Pub app. The curry house all the tables empty yet another group came in and sat them right next to us, at no point were our details taken and only half the staff had PPE on. I wouldn’t go back there.

Yesterday at an extremely popular Country pub/restaurant where you had to book even before Covid, The Anchor at Danbury, all staff were wearing full face shields but No gloves. Drinks arrived at our table on a tray that we were asked to take from the tray. But! They carried your meals to the table, still not wearing gloves. The credit card machine was being taken from table to table with no sanitising in between from what I could see.

Condiments were already on the table where other establishments use sachets.
Really good food though and my mindset is that it is a Contradiction virus with even the government making U turns so it must be hard for pubs to always know what current guidelines they are meant to follow.

I am deeply sympathetic to those who have lost or shit scared to go anywhere but I am cautiously now doing/going to much as I was Pre Covid.
I do know for a fact that a lot of establishments I’ve been to (9)have been checked and passed the requirements.

I’ve just renewed 2 Season Tickets, have to wait and see where they put me.
In the pub I went the staff had masks etc but when the waitress collected the glasses she put her fingers in each glass to pick them all up at once, madness. Dave the plumber was enjoying himself in the pub that evening too.

Just renewed my two.
Mark

A pub allowed 5 people from different households to sit inside at a table? That's against the rules isn't it? I think there needs to be a tougher stance taken against establishments that don't follow them.

Went for a meal last night, they'd got rid of half the normal tables which meant spacing was good, but staff were all over the place with no masks or gloves or sanitising of the card reader. Wasn't entirely comfortable.

Regarding the ground, I'm very interested to know how these terrace spaces are going to work. I wonder when details will be published? Can you choose who you are in a section with? Be a bit rubbish if people who normally stand together are all dotted about.
Ally Fraser

The club should be offering partial refunds or money off next season’s. It’s the right thing to do, regardless if you want to accept it or not.
Daggernewbie

I think the club could at least acknowledge that season ticket holders have lost out and give us an explanation on why they have ignored us. Money off,refund or let the club have it give us the option at least.

One for the board to do a bit of good PR.
DAG42

Just renewed my season ticket number 368.
ARNU

I don't think I'm wrong here. It's the sentiment . People and businesses in far worse a situation are doing the right thing. Trinity Holdings ain't a hard luck case. Daggers supporters will have lost their jobs. I have yet to hear anyone say they'd take the refund, including me. But as it stands they've helped themselves to our dosh with no consultation. And now they want more in such uncertain times.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

It's obviously a sensitive issue but I do agree with you Arnu. I didn't get any explanation about why we were not offered a refund; I personally don't feel strongly enough to chase it up for the reasons discussed earlier in the thread by others; however I can understand why some of our supporters who were furloughed / made redundant would feel minded to chase up/expect an explanation. There is no easy answer to this and we musn't forget that the club had basically 0 employees for most of the summer
Dag82

FFS, the club have lost well over a hundred grand, to keep the club going in lockdown, and people are bitching over what, 40 odd quid ??.

They have also bought in (arguably) the best centre forward in the league, on a 3 year contract, which will of cost a fortune.

Yet, they have apparently stolen money off US.

Have a day off.
Ally Fraser

Dag82 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 pm FFS, the club have lost well over a hundred grand, to keep the club going in lockdown, and people are bitching over what, 40 odd quid ??.

They have also bought in (arguably) the best centre forward in the league, on a 3 year contract, which will of cost a fortune.

Yet, they have apparently stolen money off US.

Have a day off.
I’ve lost £25k plus my wife has been made redundant. But if I owed anyone any money I’d make sure I paid them.
RampantDuke

Some good points on both sides here. I think the club should have clearly communicated that there would be no refunds for last season but pointed to the massive investments made in the last couple of weeks and also the fact that season ticket prices have been frozen. I don’t think any true fans would begrudge 40 sheets in light of the squad we have here now.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagdale

Been a S/T for years but this term thinking more deeper about for or against it? perhaps may go for a pay on the day job but anybody has an affirmative that from the forum meeting something was mentioned that no cash on day thus as a guy with no smart phone if readers are installed does that mean at least they're take the plastic card in shop on matchday's to obtain match ticket ?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Been following this debate whilst at work and was kinda of Nutrual over it.

I am a member at Chrltenham racecourse and when I got home tonight the details for the new season was on the doormat.

They were making a great play about a £20 discount because we lost 4 out the 16 meetings last year which equates to 5% . The sting in the tail was at the end they stuck it up £40
At least DandR have been honest could quite easily have pulled the same trick give you £20 and put it up the same.

All the things I belong to or associate with the £250 season ticket is still a good buy because in normal situations all postponed games normally get played at some time.

All ready mentioned Cheltenham Racecourse, Sussex Cricket Club the same lost a number of games last year because of the weather those games were not re arranged or
money returned on a pre rate basis .

When I add it all up I think owing to the unique circumstances think we can give the Club a bit of latitude here.
BarkingRambo

I’m pretty sure I heard at the forum the shop might not even be open. They certainly said any ticket sales or collections at the shop on match day would be unworkable because of trying to distance in the shop but possibly an arrangement could be made by calling the club during the week. They will probably stick it behind the bar or something