20/21 fixtures

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Any idea when these are out?
Mark

First week of September I think I read.
DaggerJoel11

Yeah 8th September according to Aldershot's website.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RayleighDagger1986

I guess we'll get more info at the fans forum this Thursday/Friday
Diggerthedog

I really don’t see fans being allowed to attend given the circumstances right now. Hopefully wrong.
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:13 pm I really don’t see fans being allowed to attend given the circumstances right now. Hopefully wrong.
I'm tending to lean this way too, I hope I'm wrong, yet we've already seen a spike in cases in Europe.
Dagdale

See in the media today that fans could start (perhaps on pilot schemes at first) setting foot in grounds sometime next month excluding North West. Staggered arrival times and hard one to chew no singing and having to sign a declaration in advance, be pretty strange to say the least at first but being responsible sure we could move forwards.
ARNU

I think it sounds awful.

Can't stand with your mates, signing declarations,staggered entry, no singing, not wearing masks seems silly even though I wouldn't want to wear one. Will there be refreshments ? Will players be gobbing every 2 minutes . On top of all this you could lose your money.

Oh and you could potentially catch coronavirus and die or pass it on to somebody else.

I think the club have an uphill task to say the least.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
len

ARNU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:21 am I think it sounds awful.

Can't stand with your mates, signing declarations,staggered entry, no singing, not wearing masks seems silly even though I wouldn't want to wear one. Will there be refreshments ? Will players be gobbing every 2 minutes . On top of all this you could lose your money.

Oh and you could potentially catch coronavirus and die or pass it on to somebody else.

I think the club have an uphill task to say the least.
If I was you I just would not bother going and perhaps that way give more space to those like me who have applied for season tickets and are looking forward to the season in whatever form due to the current situation.
ThatRoundThing

I get all Arnu’s points, each to their own views on this damn virus, so here is why I have bought a Season Ticket.

Singing... I don’t sing at games.
I have bought my ticket on my credit card so if the Season doesn’t start or anything over £100 in value isn’t played then I get a Credit Card Refund.
Refreshments.... I will probably take my own, saves queuing anyway.
Masks, Not many wear them outside and we will be socially distanced anyway.
Catch Coronavirus anywhere you go, shops, beaches, restaurants, from your own family or friends.

On a brighter note, Step 3 clubs and below can now allow fans in so if anyone who wanted to watch the September 5th Preseason friendly Hornchurch v Daggers, then get there early because of limited capacity allowed.
Chigwellian

After reading Arnus post.... I just wanna kill myself 😩
len

Chigwellian wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:20 am After reading Arnus post.... I just wanna kill myself 😩
You don't have to do that, I think he's just exaggerating a lot.
Diggerthedog

Arnu has a right to be concerned but what I have seen from the club so far with the safety of staff and players being tested when not required.

I’m not concerned at all with attending outside at safe distances, I would rather be doing that then going to a restaurant or pub where you coming into actual contact with people.
redboy

I don’t give a shit about not being able to stand with mates, turning up at different times and generally following the regulations at deemed safe by the club. And it won’t be the end of the world not to be overcome with greasy fumes from the tea bar in the sieve.

Is it really that difficult for each of us to be responsible for ourselves? If we can do that, we can soon get to see the team we love and try and get back to a degree of normality.
Chigwellian

... just some context
More people died from stab wounds yesterday (20/8) than died of Covid