Retained List Due Soon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

A lot of teams are beginning to make signings now, let alone release a retained list. We're amongst only a handful not to have done so, and most of those are in the play-offs.

The fact that teams are recruiting indicates that there's some degree of confidence next season will begin at a decent time. I just hope competitors don't steal a march on us given that they're already gearing themselves towards next season.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Reckon we have a few already lined up, Freund hinted at that on twitter. Guess the retained list will wait until we know who is signing a new contract. Players are now free agents so nothing stopping them from signing for someone else.
EssexDagger!

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:07 am Reckon we have a few already lined up, Freund hinted at that on twitter. Guess the retained list will wait until we know who is signing a new contract. Players are now free agents so nothing stopping them from signing for someone else.
What’s Peter said on twitter, DTD?
Diggerthedog

Someone asked him about new signings and kit and he replied:

Both in the works...problem is COVID has slowed all. We are talking players daily but dont know when we will return to play so frustrating. As for kits, those have been set with Nike BUT delays across world due to pandemic. Also frustrating!
DevonDagger

Personally, I am not particularly concerned at the lack of signings. I think it's sensible not to start unmitigated spending even if we lose a target or two. At this level there's always someone else. Do we really want to pay people from tomorrow when the season may not start until over 2 months?

I think out of respect to the current players, giving them some idea of their future would be the right thing to do. That said, who is to say they haven't? I would be surprised if the players were totally in the dark. A few players such as Manny will surely have been told we want to keep them on when possible.

About the kit situation, looking forward to getting back to our colours - red and blue. Hopefully there's some way to make that possible. Whilst there's a delay due to the pandemic, there's also a delay to the start of next season. Hope they can sort something.
Mark

Orient have lost Ekpiteta to Blackpool. Wouldn't be surprised if they took a punt on Manny now, especially on a free.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hawkins free kicked out at Pompey, cant see it but would you ?
Mark

I never rated him much but you'd have to wouldn't you. He'd score more than anyone we've got. He'll get a league two club I expect.
Adrian

No thanks.
He was a better player than a lot gave him credit for. He’d get goals but you’d need some that could cross to make it work worth having him.
I don’t think I could stand hearing people moaning that he wasn’t winning headers when the ball wasnt within 20 yards of him.
daggersjeff

End of the month for the released list, according to Peter Freund interview with Keane
Diggerthedog

Liam Gordon training with Bolton, to think that Pratt Taylor loaned him out to leave bellow last season. Manny linked to Orient too.
Don Beech 3

Full list at https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MDUGZ6GnDNqNvjTa_Dc

Gordon presumably has Bolton lined up if he's declined a offer?
Diggerthedog

Don Beech 3 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:04 am Full list at https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MDUGZ6GnDNqNvjTa_Dc

Gordon presumably has Bolton lined up if he's declined a offer?

Taylor still haunting us, what a shit heap of a manager he really was.
rebeldagger

All in all i'm pleased with this, yes it's unfortunate to loose Gordon and Onariase yet I won't begrudge the move to further their career, and what with the current climate they may need some more stability then the national league can provide.

Of those to be offered deals, and that accepted, I think McMahon has made the right choices, all young players whom showed good promise, when fit Phipps was one of far better players and it's no coincidence we had a bad run when he was out.

Of those to be let go, albeit they've put in good performances for us, the consistency was just not there, and if we're to be vying for promotion, they won't get us there, Kandi is a passionate player and he'd be able to find a club again, Wright is some one whom improved vastly over the course of the season and is perhaps the one name i'm surprised not to have been offered a deal. Injuries plighted the others, and to be fair we will be needing to run a tight and fit ship, no point in paying some one to sit on the medical bed. Yes it's unfortunate we didn't see them at their best, yet now McMahon has a lot of time (and i'm sure he started the search months ago) to build a team capable of competing at the top.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Well this is bad news for the official Will Wright fan club. Where do we go from here ?