Season Tickets 20/21

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I wasn't sure if the players were included or not, it would've been clearer if that had been called out explicitly and I don't think it was?

If we can rehire everyone on short term deals that should help those players receive the government income.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 am I wasn't sure if the players were included or not, it would've been clearer if that had been called out explicitly and I don't think it was?

If we can rehire everyone on short term deals that should help those players receive the government income.
Most pro contracts run until end of June which is now when the government furlough scheme ends, if we re-sign anyone out of contract beyond this date we will have to pay for them with no government support. We already have a large number of players on contracts for the next season so will have to fund them with no income until things restart and whilst it's unfortunate they will be out of contract its the harsh reality facing the whole country at this time, there will be millions out of work soon. Perhaps the first time clubs have one over players and agents when it comes to ridiculous wages demands at this level.
Mark

Hopefully it will also give us more chance of keeping the likes of Manny. We do have a lot of contracted players that I don't think the gaffer will be particularly pleased about and with transfers likely on hold it's going to be frustrating to bring anyone in.
Diggerthedog

Yeah some will find themselves with a decision to make on contracts being paid up. Does anyone have a list of when contracts are up?
DaggerJoel11

I've got a note of all contract expiries on my site. This is the current situation I believe:

Expiring 30th June 2020 | Will Wright, Liam Gordon, Manny Onariase, Luke Croll, Alex McQueen, Chike Kandi, Bagasan Graham, Matt Robinson, Josh Strizovic, Will Wood, Joan Luque, Gabriel Zakuani, Andrew Eleftheriou, Harold Odametey

Expiring 30th June 2021 | Kenny Clark, Mitch Brundle, Reece Grant, Joe Quigley, James Dobson, Sam Deering, Myles Weston

Expiring 30th June 2022 | Angelo Balanta

Expiring 30th June 2023 | Elliot Justham
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

I believe the following players are out of contract this summer

Will Wright
Liam Gordon (option for another year)
Manny Onariase
Luke Croll
Alex McQueen
Bagasan Graham
Matt Robinson
Harry Phipps
Will Wood
Joan Luque
Gaby Zakuani
Andrew Eleftheriou
Harold Odametey

Clark
Brundle
Grant
Quigley
Deering
Weston
Kandi
Dobson

Balanta

Justham
Diggerthedog

Few expiring you would not want to lose then, few who are on until next year that you don’t want so a big summer for Daryl.
DaggerJoel11

You'd hope that some of the players that clearly aren't in McMahon's plans but are contracted for next season would agree to a mutual cancellation of their contract to benefit their careers and give them a chance to play football? Of course that's optimistic of me.

Still can't fathom why Quigley was given a two year deal despite being a free agent at the time. Maybe Taylor thought we'd be so inundated with offers from higher clubs for him at the end of the first year that we needed to ensure we kept him?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

If I’m a player and I’m not out of contract this summer there wouldn’t be a chance that I’d accept to having my contract cancelled without already having an agreement to go elsewhere. Guaranteed income for a footballer at this level will probably be very hard to come by when June arrives.

I’m not sure if anyone has seen what Colchester have done but they have said they aren’t planning on renewing any contracts that expire this summer. I’d expect that this becomes common for a lot of lower league teams. Looking at our expiry list I’m only worried about losing Gordon, Manny and Robinson. Phipps and Wrighty would be nice to haves but I feel like McMahon hasn’t got them in his plans. The rest haven’t shown enough to warrant us stretching ourselves to keep hold of them.
Mark

I'd want to keep Manny, Croll, Eleftheriou, Robinson, Gordon and possibly Phipps or Odametey if either has any prospect of being fit.
ThatRoundThing

Interesting statement from Boreham Wood Chairman Danny Hunter who would like to offer Season Tickets for Adults and Oap’s for £99.

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... -hunter-3/
dj johnny b

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm Interesting statement from Boreham Wood Chairman Danny Hunter who would like to offer Season Tickets for Adults and Oap’s for £99.

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... -hunter-3/
Essential reading for all of us
hockley dagger

Directors of companies have to be very careful about trading when the company may become insolvent. If they do they can become personally liable.
Dagdale

Interesting read that from the Chairman of the Wood, I think he done that reduction in Season tickets a season or two back and sadly with an area swamped in Spurs and Arsenal fans it didn't get the gates rocketing up but fair play to him for his efforts. I don't know about you (pl) fellow daggers but really can't take all this 'state of the world now' in? absolutely shocking and almost two months into hibernation and still not sure how we can ever try to lead a more 'normal' way of life again let alone trying to stay save and healthy every day of the week? All on here are united by the love of our club, football and especially the Non League scene and what makes us tick ten months a year and boy are we missing that ambience. Really think Danny Hunter has it spot on, I just cant see football returning for ages because anywhere now present day with 'loose crowds' in close proximity how could it work safely? Our levels in general other than the occasional big hit games are I would have thought easier to attain but how could we 'space out' ? how would it work with passions during the game and adhering to painted ground rings on terraces, and the joys of a win, etc? Hard one to follow through, like them trying to assess the new front with us, pubs, eateries & cruise operators we got to be last in that queue? What ever way we look at it priority to stop the spread and that's the most important thing right now.
IanC

Glad to know your ok buddy.
Ye right it’s tough on us,I’m missing it ever so much mate.The social side,banter etc,and a team I believe starting to go in the right direction.
But we have to stay safe until this poxy thing is done,if that means waiting for a vaccine then so be it.
I suppose in a way we’ll have to treat it like a long pre season.Stay safe bud 👍