Season Tickets 20/21

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Does today's decision mean the club can start talking with the supporters, about buying/renewing Season tickets ??

What do we think ??.
Diggerthedog

Might be a while, all employees are furloughed. Be a vital source of income once they do reopen but will the new season start anytime soon?
hockley dagger

I don't think we'll see anything for a while if the Chief Medical Officer is to be believed
dj johnny b

Indeed, hockley dagger.
Never mind this season and the promotion/relegation issue it looks like any 'mass' gatherings will be out for some considerable time, even into 2021. Playing behind closed doors is no use at our level. At best, next season may well be a truncated one. And what teams will be around to compete by that time? I fear especially for the futures of clubs lower down the pyramid. It will soon be time for some of the money in the game at the very top to be filtered down to non league and grassroots otherwise there won't be a game to watch at all.
In our case I'm very keen to see what our Managing Directors next statement says re our viability - it's been almost a month now since the last one.
dagger4eva

Behind closed doors ar our level will only really work financially if some kind of stream to watch season ticket is brought in to ensure supporters of all clubs can still watch the games, albeit from home.

Id have no issue paying out for a season ticket at the same cost as last year to watch online, for as long as we needed.

Of course other revenues would be lost, bar takings, merchandise, and what not but I guess its the best that could be expected until the old 'normal' resumes.
BB-Dagger

Here is something taken from the BBC football pages..No football to 2021 in the non-league?

This is a very real possibility. There has been a suggestion even clubs in the National League are thinking about this as the impact of a statement by the government's chief medical officer Chris Whitty on Wednesday, when he said "highly disruptive" social distancing would need to be in place for "really quite a long period of time", sinks in.

Lower down the pyramid the situation is stark.

Should the current limit on gatherings be extended to just a small number of people, BBC Sport has been told by one league official there would be 'no point' in matches behind closed doors.

Below the National League, where there is no TV deal, virtually all revenue comes through supporters attending matches, either by their admission money or cash spent on food and drink, programmes and even raffle tickets.

And, unlike the National League and beyond, where clubs have primacy of tenure over their stadiums, at non-league level shared facilities and rented grounds mean extending seasons is a logistical impracticality.

It leaves many leagues and clubs in limbo and wondering whether there will be any play next season at all.

All very depressing but not unlikely
Auntie Merge

I find all of it so depressing and I wish we could just fast forward to the end of this box set of ‘Coronavirus Season 1’ and be done with it.

Life is likely to be never the same again for so many people. The lives that are lost, the people who remain...

and within that the football careers. Players have such a limited career as it is, and to lose 12 months of not playing - it is going to stall so much.

How can a manager sign new players because the star striker may have completely lost his touch.

Rambling here, but please everyone stay safe and well.

Missing you all badly xxx :rolleyes: :sub:
Diggerthedog

I’d happy buy a season tickets now and keep the clubs cash flow going regardless of when the season starts. Might be a good idea to sell them soon because once the government furlough scheme ends people will unfortunately be made redundant and will not have the cash to buy tickets one when it does.

The season would have ended yesterday so many people would have known this cost was coming.
Dag82

Yep, I would be happy to renew mine in May, as per normal, to support club revenue.

Think the majority of our season ticket holders would be up for this.

It starts, whenever it starts.
Don Beech 3

Latest update posted on website, not taking anything for season tickets for next season until a start date confirmed

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-M5vrzP8 ... jbNZSqf5ks
Lcbdagger

Obvious concerns for the teams in question but really feel for the players going out of contract in the Summer... In our case, who do we look to keep on (even the better players) if there is a possibility there would be (for example) no football between August and January, or later...

Would we or other teams look to renew contracts running out for players if we know we might not play again until after Christmas?

What then for players in full-time Clubs who are out of contract 1st July? Where do they go if there is no football, Below League 2 in August
Mark

I think a lot of players are going to struggle for money and it's not exactly a good time to be finding alternative employment.

I'm not sure why players can't be furloughed though. Nobody is doing it as far as I know. Doesn't it enable them to claim a wage whilst also protecting the club?
Diggerthedog

Thought all of our full time employees including players have been furloughed?
ThatRoundThing

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:55 pm Thought all of our full time employees including players have been furloughed?
Steve Thomson in a statement said they have all been furloughed, the problems could be when their contracts run out. Furloughing as I understand it has allowed non contract staff in other employment i.e hospitality, fast food outlets etc to receive their 80%.

Some employees who’s contracts had or were about to run out were rehired on non contract terms and received furlough payments. I also heard that people who were about to start a new job at the point of lockdown were “rehired” by the company they had just left in order to receive furlough payments.

I only pick up snippets via Martin Lewis aka Money Saving Expert who has done an awful lot of liaising with the government to make the furlough system a lot fairer to all including many self employed or small businesses, as well as non contract workers.
I would hope that the club were able to implement some of the rules to help our club staff and players out via government schemes in place.
RampantDuke

Would be interesting to understand how football clubs all survived the 2nd World War. I think that football was effectively closed for 5 years at least but not many clubs folded as far as I can see. Did they just close down completely, mothball the stadiums and restart after the war? Could learn some lessons on how to get through this perhaps?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!