Shit got real

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

This is not exclusive to me and I'm sure others on here now have similar tales already.One of my best lifelong mates ( 54) non smoker strong as an ox and no underlying health issues is on life support with CV In queens It don't look good.
Another friend 52 who was not so healthy but by no means particularly unhealthy it's his funeral tomorrow. CV again.

Stay in and watch a bit more telly, take your vitamin d3 supplements it'll give you 70% better immunity to respiratory tract viruses and infections, namely colds influenza and rather topically Corona viruses.
It's a fiver for 150 tiny tablets. No brainer if you ask me.
The darker skinned you are the more deficient in vitD you're likely to be. Dark skinned people are disproportionately dying more of CV than paler skinned folk as they can't absorb vitD from sunlight as easily. But whiteys generally are also deficient as it ain't that sunny is it most of the time. Check this out don't trust me.
Stay safe !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rebeldagger

Sorry to hear that Arnu.

I do hope that, once we reach the end of this crisis society will be a better place for it, we all would have learned from our personal experiences and those of others. Yet I do fear that may not be the case.
ARNU

Thanks RD.
Yes hopefully society will never underfund healthcare and take key workers for granted again.
I'm no lefty but I agree in treating people equally and fairly and we should be looking after the less fortunate, the elderly and the vulnerable.
Also I hope this horrible virus focuses minds on what is really important in life and what's not!
Thanks again RD stay safe mate.
DevonDagger

Awful to hear and unfortunately we are perhaps near, if not already at the point where everyone knows someone who at very least has had life turned upside down by all of this.

Down in sleepy Devon we appear to be getting away with it lightly compared to much of the country, but even despite smaller numbers, there have been some devastating losses and shocks of people who are normally fit and well suddenly on the brink.

Hope you all, along with your friends and family are keeping safe. Hope to hear some good news for your friend, Arnu, too.
ARNU

Many Thanks DD.
Stay safe.
ARNU

Thanks for the concern by a few members on here that have contacted me.
Unfortunately my friend died. He was a truly good man and will be sorely missed.
Basically, he went in with lung infection, 4 days later he just got worse so they put him in a coma to ventilate him. His organs started to fail, kidneys first then heart then everything else. So I'm conscious this is a football forum and the questions of when or if and how the season should end/ start / be postponed are all relevant in the context of football. I obviously aren't that arsed by it at the moment. It seems irrelevant right now.
Diggerthedog

Sorry to hear that Arnu, this disease is awful ripping families apart all over. You’re right football is irrelevant and should not be going ahead until this is fully resolved. Hearing prem teams bicker about ending the season is infuriating.
hockley dagger

Sorry to hear that Arnu. Best wishes to the family.
ARNU

Many thanks.
Mark

Condolences Arnu. Tragic news.
dagger4eva

Really sorry for your loss mate.

You're bang on that football and most other things are completely insignificant right now...
Dag82

Arnu, very sorry to hear about your mate.

All the best.
Auntie Merge

Really sorry to read this news. Thoughts are with you and his family.

Football seems irrelevant...
rebeldagger

My sympathies with you, his family / friends at this surreal time, this virus has touched us all in way that remain with society for a generation or two. Best wishes to all out there.
RayleighDagger1986

Sorry to hear of your sad news Arnu