Season Closuer Nearer

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Various online stories today, that Bury have applied to join the National League, for next season.

Always thought the question around why the table kept showing four down, was all about trying to crowbar them into the NL.

No EFL relegation, Barrow up, replaced by Bury ??, balances all the divisions up......
BB-Dagger

If bury have applied to join the national league and are excepted then surely they will go in the national league north
Otherwise there will be 44 teams in the north and south leagues pretty pi55ed off!
Dag82

Absolutely agree, but these are indeed strange times, so who knows !!.

There is something weird about the Bury situation, along the lines of the fact that the club is not dead/folded, it just got kicked
out the league, and has been hanging around in limbo, waiting to get playing SOMEWHERE.

Article says that there entitled to be re-instated at the highest possible Non League level.
Diggerthedog

So outcome decided with Barrow as champions and playoffs sorted. Kings Lynn coming up with Wealdstone plus two others from play offs, few new teams to play (if we ever play).

Guess it won't be much longer until we get the release/retained list from the club, like all clubs I guess we will be operating on a much reduced budget next season.
Mark

I thought that currently, the NLN and NLS are not allowed to hold playoffs unless they get the government to explicitly agree to it? Not seen much update on this. I imagine it will happen though.

I'm fearing the worst with our released list. Considering some of the dead wood we'll be unable to offload, it isn't going to leave much cash to re-sign the better players.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:03 am I thought that currently, the NLN and NLS are not allowed to hold playoffs unless they get the government to explicitly agree to it? Not seen much update on this. I imagine it will happen though.

I'm fearing the worst with our released list. Considering some of the dead wood we'll be unable to offload, it isn't going to leave much cash to re-sign the better players.
See Paul Doswell (Havant boss) on twitter, 100% going ahead south/north play offs.

I think we might have to offload some that are in contract on higher salaries, Justham and Balanta could get offers we cant refuse.