Faded memory

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

I have a vague memory of many years ago the league Dagenham fc were in experimented with awarding an extra point in league games to a team who won by three or more goals. I would appreciate anyone with further information as to whether this is correct or with all the things going on at the moment my memory is playing tricks.
Jackalope

I had a look at the league records here http://fchd.info/DAGENHAM.HTM but the points totals are all a regular 2 or 3 points for a win, except for 3 seasons of the Alliance Premier League from 1983-84 to 1985-86 where a home win was worth 2 points and an away win was 3 points.

Perhaps that is what you were thinking of?
PPK1965

I think that was the Capital League, a midweek competition. I cannot remember rightly but I think it was 0 points for a goalless game, 2 points for a home win, 3 for an win and 1 point for a score draw or something similar to that. It was to encourage away teams not to sit back and defend.
Sagres

len wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:55 am I have a vague memory of many years ago the league Dagenham fc were in experimented with awarding an extra point in league games to a team who won by three or more goals. I would appreciate anyone with further information as to whether this is correct or with all the things going on at the moment my memory is playing tricks.
My memory is Dagenham FC moved from the Athenian league to the Isthmian league in 1973.
The Isthmian league was the first league to award 3 points for a win & sponsorship prize money.
Rothman’s the league sponsors paid out a £40 goal incentive bonus to clubs for winning by 3 clear goals.
len

Yes thanks for that, I remembered it was something to do with scoring three goals and you rightly say it paid you a £40 bonus which does not seem much now but was certainly welcomed by clubs at that level then.