Barnet in trouble!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Do I sympathise or feel guilty cos many more clubs could be in the same position soon. But after the way we were all treated the last time I went allowing us to miss the first goal and the ticket office fiasco, along with aggressive stewards. Nah... Barnet with your crappy pitch and owners... you as a club deserve it. Your fans however, those that are still left do not.
HGDagger

Barnet supporters should have formed a new club years ago, the last straw should have been when they were moved out of their ground to another part of London
Auntie Merge

I don’t see this as anything to gloat at. We were in a similar position as the parachute payments ran out; our Academy was cancelled. The current situation has only compounded things for Barnet.
Shroud_of_hope

I do agree and have some sympathy for them, but you cannot run a non league club on £100,000 a month to gamble on promotion.
Daggerman

I’ve just thought of a new song....
Da da da da da da da da who the f#k were Barnet :thumbu:
Dag82

Daggerman wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 pm I’ve just thought of a new song....
Da da da da da da da da who the f#k were Barnet :thumbu:
Gotta say, it's certainly a catchy tune.

Weird how many clubs seem to go financially tits up, after a recent spell of Johnny Still, in the building.

:whistle:
ARNU

Can't see how this would be anything to celebrate.
Football clubs do lots for community employ people and provide all the things we get by attending our club.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Agree with Arnu on this, not sure what there is to celebrate from a club struggling or going under at this time. Not only could this be the case for a number of clubs over the next few months, which won't be good, but there are people who work at these clubs who will be losing jobs who have bills to pay and mouths to feed.
len

I agree totally that there is nothing to celebrate over this, as this could affect many clubs in all divisions and also we are certainly not immune as a club to financial disaster.
hockley dagger

I'm pretty sure access to the government scheme is behind the move to shut down the season. Staff are essentially laid off but get the 80% payment up to a ceiling.