Finishing the season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

The government is working on the basis of a 16 week bell curve. We are at about week three - hence social distancing for the next 12 weeks. It will get worse before it gets better and is bad in London. A close relative of mine in Hackney has the virus at present. On those facts little chance of finishing this season any time soon I would say. Stay safe everyone and look after your neighbours.
RampantDuke

Hmmm. I think that when you look at the bigger picture ie. massive number of dead people, global economic disaster, companies going bust left right and centre, NHS meltdown, huge unemployment (including many of their own fans) etc. the 2019-20 football season will be well and truly forgotten about by June. Any small minded football club crying about how unfair it is that they never got promoted would look so petulant against that backdrop they wouldn’t dare even mention it, let alone take out a law suit.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Seems obvious to me the answer . If law suits are being threatened then finish this season even if it takes to December.
The various league s can then change their rules for next year like a 23 game season or after the first round of games are completed
Split the league so you only play the team in your half the second time. They have the,power to change rules next season if they cant this
ARNU

Let's say only 50,000 die of CV , who is actually going to pipe up about poxy non league football in the wake of that ? Given every club will have fans staff or families effected by it.

Unless they can play the outstanding games It is the only way to sort it out fairly.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !