Next season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Assuming we don't get relegated ( although we'd thoroughly deserve to if we put in performances like Fylde last night) what do you think DM will do? It's fashionable right now to just see him as the Messiah but he's basically cheered up Taylor's miserable team. He's bought in just 2 players in Weston and zakuani who haven't pulled up any tree's. House was Taylor's idea, Deering was Taylor's idea as were all on show last night bar Reid and Weston.
When's he gonna make it his team. I honestly felt like Taylor was running the show last night.
Also Taylor finished 16th when he was expected to get relegated. Can't see us bettering that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

We've proved that we can win games even with Quigley up front as long as Balanta is playing.

If he can stay fit, we will do well. If he cannot, we will be in trouble. Regrettably it really is as simple as that.
Diggerthedog

We were getting relegated under Taylor, the new manager has come in clearly making it fun for the lads and being normal around the place which Taylor was certainly not. Hear he bought a load of beers for the lads on a coach journey back from an away game which shows the difference to being a good man manager.

I would give him a pre-season to clear all the crap out and with that budget get in suitable replacements, the most important one being a decent striker as currently we don't have one. I'd be happy with a top 10 finish next season with an outside chance of play offs, anything else is a bonus. Hopefully Notts county go up as whats coming down and up from other leagues it will be wide open again.
Mark

The squad needs gutting. I listed on another thread the ones who DM seems to deem surplus to requirements and I can't argue with it.

We need to bear in mind that some of our better players are on one year deals too, and may not want to stay in the bottom half of the conference. Manny for example could do miles better than us. Gordon also up, Robinson who I think is still our best midfielder, Croll. We may struggle to even keep the ones we want to keep, let alone replace the ones we want to lose.

I would also say that you aren't going to challenge for promotion with the likes of Clark in the side but I can see why you'd keep him for consistency when probably half the squad or more will be turned over.
ARNU

I just wonder if the club have basically settled into little club mentality again. Just happy to be a conference side. We started off this season with very high expectations. We're flirting with relegation and can't beat teams that are definitely going down, probably with us if we aren't careful. Has Saint Daryl done anything Taylor didn't do ? Buying a few drinks nice touch by the way.
DaggerJoel11

We've been miles better under McMahon. We've kept more clean sheets under McMahon than Taylor in just two months, and generally look more dangerous. Last night was our first poor performance in a while, whereas under Taylor a display like that was commonplace.

Notts County (A) - Trophy - Lost to a screamer from the half-way line, played very well overall with the same team that were in freefall under Taylor.
Notts County (H) - Comfortably beat the team who have since gone third. Clean sheet.
Wrexham (A) - Better side, better chances. Could've had a penalty. Another clean sheet.
Stockport (H) - Showed good spirit to snatch a point, which was the least we deserved. Made attacking changes which paid off.
Solihull (H) - Comfortable victory and a clean sheet. Never looked in much danger at all.
Barrow (A) - Pushed the leaders more than most do. Could've easily got a point. Scored a fantastic goal.
Aldershot (A) - Some brilliant attacking changes won us the game late on. Another clean sheet.

Then Fylde at home. A poor display no doubt, but also the first one like that under McMahon. Judging by the early signs, I think he won't do too bad next season at all, although that depends heavily on recruitment.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm The squad needs gutting. I listed on another thread the ones who DM seems to deem surplus to requirements and I can't argue with it.

We need to bear in mind that some of our better players are on one year deals too, and may not want to stay in the bottom half of the conference. Manny for example could do miles better than us. Gordon also up, Robinson who I think is still our best midfielder, Croll. We may struggle to even keep the ones we want to keep, let alone replace the ones we want to lose.

I would also say that you aren't going to challenge for promotion with the likes of Clark in the side but I can see why you'd keep him for consistency when probably half the squad or more will be turned over.
Clark needs to be gone if we have any chance of challenging, solid defender but far too many mistakes this season. Only have to look at last nights highlights to see why, first goal lets the ball come in far too easily and second goal loses his man twice in the same phase with headers to get them the winner.
Alan

Wasn’t there last night, but Clark is so error prone and his first instinct is to push or grab players - he gets away with counties fouls.
Dag82

ARNU wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm I just wonder if the club have basically settled into little club mentality again. Just happy to be a conference side. We started off this season with very high expectations. We're flirting with relegation and can't beat teams that are definitely going down, probably with us if we aren't careful. Has Saint Daryl done anything Taylor didn't do ? Buying a few drinks nice touch by the way.
DM will be judged on next season, when it will be truly his team, after a Summer window, to move players in & out.

Which is exactly the chance that we gave Taylor, who proceeded to fail miserably.

If we are relegated, then it's 100% on Taylor.
ARNU

Taylor won't be without blame but you could never have learnt percentages when you were at school. Taylor was in charge 57.5% of the season if you include the games where he was ill. McMahon had 16 games( roughly 35% of the season)to sort it out when he took over from Harris and Jody(7%)who I don't think lost.
Same was said the year Still took us down into the conference. He had half a season to sort it out but couldn't.
If McMahon takes us down I doubt he'll hang around.
TBF I think we'll survive.