AFC Fylde

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Another big game against lowly opponents that have not won in the league for well over 3 months, we should really be winning but this is Dagenham who do nothing normal! Hopefully a win will see us well ahead of them in the league and unable to catch us which means two of the three spots are covered.

Let hope we continue the good form and pick up an important win.
Dagger Steve

If we win we are 8 points off the playoffs, with good form going into the run in...
Daggerman

Dagger Steve wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 pm If we win we are 8 points off the playoffs, with good form going into the run in...
🤪🤪
Dagger Steve

Scratch that.
DaggerJoel11

Absolutely gut-wrenching. After a big penalty shout at the other end not sixty seconds earlier.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
bloke down the pub

A sad performance
RM1Dagger

We didn't play well and a point wouldn't have been the end of the world as we managed to make Fylde look half decent. To lose it like a kick in the knackers, buy it proves once again what this league can do to you.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dag82

Words fail me, at how disappointing that performance was.

That team hadn't won a single league game, since NOVEMBER.
ARNU

Tbh that was awful. No way is this team gonna win this league with these players. Fylde were the worst team I think I've seen all season we should have buried them. No good whining about the penalty either, Manny got away with one a bit earlier.

We could have got ourselves right out of the shit tonight but blew it.
Instead of messing about interviewing players maybe McMahon should get his finger out.
Dunno why we just didn't sit on the draw. Point wouldn't have been that bad.
It's like Taylor's back ,we ain't finishing 16th this season are we.
I hope Fylde stay up, they wanted it more and got it.
McMahon out !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Two poor sides. Arnu - if you want McMahon out who replaces him? Hang on a minute, who has just left Maidstone.......? :oh:
RM1Dagger

Haha, I'm sure Arnu didn't mean it. Was a tough one to take, I just think it really shows how any team can beat another in this league on the day, and I guess at some point they probably were gonna win another game. Pity it had to happen today. I think overall I believe we can say DM has had a positive impact on the team and I reckon we can take four points our the next two games.
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

Yes we should have sat on a draw, but it’s not DM’s style. If we want to have more results like Aldershot it’s almost guaranteed that we will have results like this on the way there.

But that really was like watching Taylor again. It was absolute pants. Clark looked intent on giving away a penalty and after leaving the ground I was told Balanta was playing, can anyone confirm???

However whilst Fylde weren’t great at taking their chances, I think they deserve a lot of credit. They passed it around really well at times, were fearless in the tackles, ran the clock down well and I can’t remember a team having a more effective press against us this season. They are pants but yesterday they really did turn up. The neutral in me would be inclined to say they deserved the win.
BB-Dagger

I thought Fylde played well, they pressed hard worked hard and never let us settle into our game. I don’t think they deserved to win but unlike us they showed they wanted it more. Clark had a mare, Weston was so predictable when he had the ball a decent school team could have handled him, Balanta looked out of it in the second half and should have been subbed instead of House. I thought Gordon was fortunate to get away with just a booking at the end even though it was a nothing situation, I’ve seen red cards for less.
Biggest shock of the evening was the players shaking hands before the game!!!
Diggerthedog

First time I’ve been disappointed with the performance under the new manager, too many players off their game resulted in us losing to a very poor team form and position wise.

Thought Weston was poor most of his crosses were over hit and when he got space he completely slowed it down to cut back on his left foot, if he can’t get in the team down his preferred side don’t play him. Missed the first goal for them so can’t comment but the winner was school boy defending. Can Deering and Balanta play in the same team?

It leaves us still in the mix and looking over our shoulders, nothing easy with us regardless of who is in charge. We do better against teams higher up the league so a couple of wins incoming!
DI Mike Dashwood

Can only imagine the reaction on here if that performance had come under Taylor or WB. Bar the first ten minutes, and maybe ten minutes leading up to our goal, it was utterly appalling. Fylde were not great but second half they came out and absolutely did a number on us.

With the fixtures we have left we have an awful lot of work still be done. Most teams we play are in hunt for play offs apart from Eastleigh and Chesterfield. I think looking at table we probably still need 8 or 9 points. If we had won last night or even drawn it would have looked a lot more certain. We have shown since Christmas we can get points against the sides in top ten but last night does leave me worried.