AFC Fylde

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Online
DaggerJoel11
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Becontree
Contact:

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by DaggerJoel11 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 am

We were all bitterly disappointed last night, especially after turning a corner and looking as if we would kick on.

As has been mentioned, we've gone for it again but this time have been caught out. On Saturday we went for it and won. In the end we've got more points than we would if we'd have settled for a point in both.

It wasn't a great performance, though we still warranted a point, especially after missing a host of close-range chances in the second half. Fylde didn't create too much but definitely made it count and played to their strengths.

That kind of performance and result was commonplace under Taylor. Thankfully we've only seen it once under McMahon.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''

Mark
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 am

I didn't really feel we created as much as DM mentioned. Nothing really clear cut, lots of half chances and none for any of our strikers. He probably doesn't want to slaughter them after one bad performance but that was nowhere near good enough.

Fylde are a terrible side, yes they pressed hard but hard work is the minimum requirement. They had absolutely no quality. I've never seen a side pass the ball directly out of play so often. Losing to them is as bad as it gets.

Whether it's tiredness, wrong mentality or what I don't know, but there were at least 4 players on our side who had their worst games of the season and 2 of those managed to last 90 minutes! I like that he brought attacking subs on but I don't think the changes were completely correct, I don't think it's good to leave people on who are having a mare on the off chance they suddenly find a moment of inspiration.

Alan
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Alan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 am

leewilson wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm
Taylor would have put Wright on for Deering in them last 20 minutes, looked to have seen out a point and probably would have lost the game 1-0.
That aged well.

AVincelotFlyingLeap
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Walking In A Woodall Wonderland

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by AVincelotFlyingLeap » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 am

Excitement about the new manager or not, you can't excuse how few clear cut chances we created compared with the number of forwards we had on the pitch.

I don't think I'm going to renew next year. This season has been so dull

Dag82
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Dag82 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 am

One of our long standing issues, of being dreadful at home, against teams we are expected to beat, surfaced yet again.

We have dropped 7 points at home, against Chorley, Ebbsfleet, and Fylde.

Table would look a lot prettier this morning, without those lost points. :banghead:

dagger4eva
Posts: 1703
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by dagger4eva » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:54 am

Mcmahon gambled on Saturday and it paid off.

He gambled last night and it didn't.

I actually thought we would've been particularly fortunate to have got the draw as we were clearly having an off day and Fylde looked bang up for it.

Sat right behind Bentley, whilst it was difficult to understand a single sentence out of his mouth, he did not stop for 90 minutes, barking order at his players and geeing them up. Meanwhile, too many of our own players were having an off day.

IMO Mchmahon and Gritt are simply doing their best at the mo to polish the turd left behind by Taylor. To-date they have done a remarkable job with that and in reality we will probably end up having just about enough to stay up.
That said, its gonna be one big summer with a lot of dead wood needing to be cleared out.

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 am
Excitement about the new manager or not, you can't excuse how few clear cut chances we created compared with the number of forwards we had on the pitch.

I don't think I'm going to renew next year. This season has been so dull
We got ourselves in good positions to deliver crosses to create chances for the forward line. There were so many wasted crosses that were over hit and going out for goal kicks.
Why was Weston in for Eleftheriou? Weston was the main culprit last night, having to come back on his left foot then with every cross was over hit. Not good.
Another point was playing with back 3. When subs started i was half expecting to revert to back 4 but Kandi for House was like for like. I'm sure they'll be enough points in the remaining games to see us ok

Mark
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:49 am

I don't even know why Weston cut back so much. He had a good shot with his right foot, and got a right foot assist on Saturday. He has to vary it, he's clearly capable on both sides. Became so obvious last night and easy to defend.

RampantDuke
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by RampantDuke » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 am
Excitement about the new manager or not, you can't excuse how few clear cut chances we created compared with the number of forwards we had on the pitch.

I don't think I'm going to renew next year. This season has been so dull
We got ourselves in good positions to deliver crosses to create chances for the forward line. There were so many wasted crosses that were over hit and going out for goal kicks.
Why was Weston in for Eleftheriou? Weston was the main culprit last night, having to come back on his left foot then with every cross was over hit. Not good.
Another point was playing with back 3. When subs started i was half expecting to revert to back 4 but Kandi for House was like for like. I'm sure they'll be enough points in the remaining games to see us ok
Dude - you obviously weren't at the game on Saturday if you think that Eleftheriou should have started last night. He had a mare and Weston looked class when he came on. That's the trouble for the manager - you need to rely on the players to actually turn up and play well. DM must be tearing his hair out this morning.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm

RampantDuke wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 am
Excitement about the new manager or not, you can't excuse how few clear cut chances we created compared with the number of forwards we had on the pitch.

I don't think I'm going to renew next year. This season has been so dull
We got ourselves in good positions to deliver crosses to create chances for the forward line. There were so many wasted crosses that were over hit and going out for goal kicks.
Why was Weston in for Eleftheriou? Weston was the main culprit last night, having to come back on his left foot then with every cross was over hit. Not good.
Another point was playing with back 3. When subs started i was half expecting to revert to back 4 but Kandi for House was like for like. I'm sure they'll be enough points in the remaining games to see us ok
Dude - you obviously weren't at the game on Saturday if you think that Eleftheriou should have started last night. He had a mare and Weston looked class when he came on. That's the trouble for the manager - you need to rely on the players to actually turn up and play well. DM must be tearing his hair out this morning.
You are absolutely right. This dude was not at Aldershot.
But why change things if it was working. Elefitheriou probably had a nightmare Saturday ( and I dont disagree with you) but may have had a bl8nder last night. Being a right footed wing back may have benefited us last night. There were gaps down there left but Weston kept cutting back in, this slows the play down. And it was evident that his crossing was not up to it. I was merely commenting

Dag82
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Dag82 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:44 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:41 pm
RampantDuke wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am


We got ourselves in good positions to deliver crosses to create chances for the forward line. There were so many wasted crosses that were over hit and going out for goal kicks.
Why was Weston in for Eleftheriou? Weston was the main culprit last night, having to come back on his left foot then with every cross was over hit. Not good.
Another point was playing with back 3. When subs started i was half expecting to revert to back 4 but Kandi for House was like for like. I'm sure they'll be enough points in the remaining games to see us ok
Dude - you obviously weren't at the game on Saturday if you think that Eleftheriou should have started last night. He had a mare and Weston looked class when he came on. That's the trouble for the manager - you need to rely on the players to actually turn up and play well. DM must be tearing his hair out this morning.
Based on last saturday, it was completely justifiable to change Elefitherou for Weston, he made a massive difference, and created the goal.
IF he had played to the same level last night, we would of had the game put to bed by half time.
DM made the correct call, as has been stated, not much he can do, when the same player fails to turn up !!.


You are absolutely right. This dude was not at Aldershot.
But why change things if it was working. Elefitheriou probably had a nightmare Saturday ( and I dont disagree with you) but may have had a bl8nder last night. Being a right footed wing back may have benefited us last night. There were gaps down there left but Weston kept cutting back in, this slows the play down. And it was evident that his crossing was not up to it. I was merely commenting

Online
DaggerJoel11
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Becontree
Contact:

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by DaggerJoel11 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Match Report: Daggers 1 Fylde 2

This, hopefully, was the first in a minority of performances under McMahon that will be filed in a category entitled 'ones to forget'.
Here's my match report and player ratings from a bitterly-disappointing defeat in midweek: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... fc-fylde-2

PLAYER RATINGS: Justham 7, Gordon 8, Croll 7, Onariase 6, Clark 5, Weston 5, Robinson 6, Brundle 7, Deering 6, Balanta 6, House 6
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''

User avatar
Dagger Steve
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: AFC Fylde

Post by Dagger Steve » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Won again today at Aldershot.. Making a real go at it.

Shame looks like it will be all pointless, and not worth the effort.

Post Reply