Barrow AFC Update 29.02.2020

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
D@Rsupportersclubweb

It is with deep regret that we have to confirm that due to insufficient bookings that the supporter's club are unable to run a coach for the game against Barrow AFC this Saturday 29th February 2020.

If anyone who is driving to Barrow and has any spare seats in there car and don’t mind taking any supporter’s with them, (I’m sure Russell Elmes could find you someone and i’m sure they would chip in with some petrol money for you). If anybody can do this could you please ring Russell Elmes on the travel hotline 07989 901686 to discuss this matter.

On behalf of the supporter’s club please accept our apologies, and Russell did all he could to run a coach for this game.
hockley dagger

The weather forecast doesn't look great. Unsurprised if this got called off.
DaggerJoel11

Pitch looking decent in a picture on Barrow's twitter, though whether that remains the case is yet to be seen.

https://twitter.com/BarrowAFC/status/12 ... 02656?s=19
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dj johnny b

That smacks of Barnet type PR except there's a 300 mile travel difference involved this time.
If today's weather forecast for Barrow on BBC is anything to go by they need a pitch inspection this afternoon.
I'd be super cautious if I were thinking of travelling later.
Diggerthedog

The weather there looks awful until 6am tomorrow although currently not raining, assuming the team will be up there already as like last time. 6am start tomorrow so hopefully they will announce it's off today.
dagger4eva

Does anyone know what the official process is for club's (as the away team) being compensated by a game being abandoned / postponed ??

It surely cant be expected of clubs at this level to continually foot the bill for all the additional travel arrangements... or can it??
hockley dagger

Good news I hope. Looks like game on. It also looks like Barnet are playing which is most surprising
IanC

No surprise really,this is the one they wanted on.
700 away fans going on a Saturday match,when they need the money big time.
Dagdale

Well done my son (Balanta) bringing it back 1-1 , playing 3 up front and were up for a game, 20 minutes gone!
DevonDagger

Defense sounded absolutely all at sea that first half. 2 goals conceded and a penalty fortunately saved. Can't help ponder whether Croll could have got the nod over Clark personally. We'll see though, hopefully can nick something second half.
DaggerJoel11

Great effort from the team in conditions that made it impossible to do anything. Every pass was taken in the opposite direction by the wind. Not a day for an uncovered terrace!

Their penalty wasn't a pen and we could've had two of our own. Referee was atrocious.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
chipmunx

ref wasn't great, conditions were even worse - we should have won by more, scored 2, had a penalty saved and hit the bar in the 1st half.
Your goal was a good 1-2 and well finished.
2nd half the sleet started and the wind picked up even more, but to be honest i can't remember Dixon having a save to make.
You'll stay up easily now you have Balanta back.
Oh and a word for your number 24 (Deering) - he has to be about the shortest footballer i've ever seen - but looked your best player by a mile...
Dagdale

Yeah but what a great little work horse is Sam! and also what about the other smaller master gracing our League Josh Falkingham of Harrogate Town there's another one! down here with the daggers we find him always a handfull! Couldn't make it today but what a find gesture by our club with snack vouchers at game and praise to the ones there.
chipmunx

Dagdale wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm Yeah but what a great little work horse is Sam! and also what about the other smaller master gracing our League Josh Falkingham of Harrogate Town there's another one! down here with the daggers we find him always a handfull! Couldn't make it today but what a find gesture by our club with snack vouchers at game and praise to the ones there.
yeah like i said he was you best player by miles - had a great game