Pondfield Road Parking

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I think I read or heard that they're making Pondfield Road permit only parking from now on.

(Edited by admin to correct typo in thread
name)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

That would be a disaster. There's already a lack of parking for games with a larger away following. Since a lot of those businesses started working on Saturdays and those churches opened its got more problematic.
Diggerthedog

How far does this go into the surrounding roads? Guessing this is something to do with the station, surely can’t be because we play there?
ARNU

I did see signs when we parked up at the stockport game. Dunno if it includes Wantz Road but they've renewed double yellow lines there recently. I guess the residents have had enough of people blocking driveways or nicking their spaces. Though it's a pain in the arse I do sympathize.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

This is what I could find on the council website.

https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/area-f-implemen ... one-cpz-hw

It would be operational Monday to Saturday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.

https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/sites/default/f ... n-v3_0.pdf
Diggerthedog

Wow that’s a huge area, Wantz road or walk 10-15 minutes? Try that with a 5 years old. Stupid. Hopefully the club have some sort of announcement or many will get fines, any old folk will be put off.
Alan

Time to review parking at the club and whether there is scope to offer some paid parking, rather than give it away?
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 am Time to review parking at the club and whether there is scope to offer some paid parking, rather than give it away?
I agree, most clubs charge for parking on site some as much as £5. That's a lot of money over a season.
RampantDuke

Oh cosmic. Yet another nail in the attendance coffin. One of the great things about going to the Vic as opposed to going Premier League is the ease of parking and the ability to get home quickly. Couple that with the poor football, lack of success, toxic atmosphere around the club created by the MD and West Ham selling tickets for 5p up the road and we seem to be pushing water uphill these days....
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:10 pm
Alan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 am Time to review parking at the club and whether there is scope to offer some paid parking, rather than give it away?
I agree, most clubs charge for parking on site some as much as £5. That's a lot of money over a season.
Could we not enquire with the council to see if we can purchase some of the grassland immediately to the rear of car park in Pondfield Road to turn it into a paid car park. Could also help with away coaches parked there rather than taking up space in Wantz Road
rebeldagger

Could be way off the mark here, yet is worth while approaching the May and Bakers social club? As they have a fairy large parking lot.
Auntie Merge

RampantDuke wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:18 pm Oh cosmic. Yet another nail in the attendance coffin. One of the great things about going to the Vic as opposed to going Premier League is the ease of parking and the ability to get home quickly. Couple that with the poor football, lack of success, toxic atmosphere around the club created by the MD and West Ham selling tickets for 5p up the road and we seem to be pushing water uphill these days....

+1
Changing the parking restrictions elsewhere from Mon to Fri to Mon to Sat will really harm the club.

Do we know if the club has objected or made representations on this?
bloke down the pub

For the number of spaces that would not be worth it
Alan

How many spaces are there?