Pondfield Road Parking

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

like I said in my previous log, got to Wantz Road early no probs parking, nice lunch in the cafe , nice pint watching the Chelsea/ Spurs game, great atmosphere in the hall yesterday for a change, great win, I think the Shoebury Dagger and Hockley missed out big time through not wanting to come.
Auntie Merge

I nearly didn't go because of the worry about where to park. I even looked up coming by tube (which is a real pain) but the District Line wasn't fully operational.

So I thought I would take a chance, and if I couldn't find anywhere take a chance and park in May and Bakers.

I am so pleased I did. Rainham Road still seems to be Monday to Friday restrictions. How long that is going to be for I don't know,* and I managed to park close to where I usually do.

*We all need to continue to kick up a fuss about the other parking restrictions to stop the council imposing any more that affect match days.
Dagdale

As slightly off key has anybody out there one clue to when this 'going East when daggers at home' with Underground/train network will end on a Saturday? Originally I thought it was connected with the New Elizabeth line, maybe it was and respect they don't want to mess up travel with so many more with a Hammers home games, but what I'm experiencing more as someone without a smart and coming 'West' is like yesterday pretty close to Liverpool Street underneath and trying to hook up with tfl and Romford no warning from more around the Kings Cross/Central town mark till I'm up in the bloody concourse and telling me to push back to Newbury Park and a bus? then finding out only link operational to Barking and hitting East was trawling all way back to Victoria Line and Blackhorse Rd meeting up with Overground which living North I'm aware of, which I did again. Going round in circles again.
Benno

Dagdale wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:42 am As slightly off key has anybody out there one clue to when this 'going East when daggers at home' with Underground/train network will end on a Saturday? Originally I thought it was connected with the New Elizabeth line, maybe it was and respect they don't want to mess up travel with so many more with a Hammers home games, but what I'm experiencing more as someone without a smart and coming 'West' is like yesterday pretty close to Liverpool Street underneath and trying to hook up with tfl and Romford no warning from more around the Kings Cross/Central town mark till I'm up in the bloody concourse and telling me to push back to Newbury Park and a bus? then finding out only link operational to Barking and hitting East was trawling all way back to Victoria Line and Blackhorse Rd meeting up with Overground which living North I'm aware of, which I did again. Going round in circles again.
You could try the tfl website as that will give details of any hold-ups. You could also subscribe to get an email every thursday informing of any weekend works across the network
hockley dagger

I think the line from is out Shenfield every weekend in March. There are also road closures on the A13
What with that and uncertainty over parking I gave yesterday a swerve. I guess the restrictions won't impact the night game v Fylde or the Easter Monday match? Only three Saturday home games left.
Last edited by hockley dagger on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockley dagger

hockley dagger wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 pm I think the line from Shenfield is out every weekend in March. There are also road closures on the A13
What with that and uncertainty over parking I gave yesterday a swerve. I guess the restrictions won't impact the night game v Fylde or the Easter Monday match? Only three Saturday home games left.