Barrow AFC Update 13.2.2020

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
D@Rsupportersclubweb

It with deep regret that the Supporter's club have to advice that there will no longer be a supporter’s club coach for this weekends trip to Barrow AFC due to insufficient interest.

If anyone who is driving to Barrow and has any spare seats in there car and don’t mind taking any supporter’s with them, (I’m sure Russell Elmes could find you someone and i’m sure they would give you some money towards the petrol cost). If anybody can do this could you please ring Russell Elmes on the travel hotline 07989 901686 to discuss this matter.

On behalf of the supporter’s club please accept our apologies, and Russell did all he could to run a coach for this trip to Barrow AFC.
Auntie Merge

Will be interesting to see if the game goes ahead as theres another storm on its way this weekend.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656241
EssexDagger!

Will be shocked if the game goes ahead
DaggerJoel11

'Blizzard' conditions possible in Cumbria according to Sky News, whether it materialises to that extent remains to be seen.

I'm going up early Saturday morning with my uncle, who's from Barrow and going to see some of his family beforehand. Apparently it's freezing at the minute but should go ahead if things stay the same until Saturday. Very much wait and see.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

Don't want to tempt fate here as still thinking about perhaps giving it a go myself and respect we need as many fans as we can muster up but if weather comes crashing back and perhaps a late postponement for all involved hope its announced by tomorrow at the latest as Barrow like Halifax have a dismal stance of calling things off late, ask Sutton United a couple of seasons back I recall many had even arrived. Trouble with this place as speaking through experience when just out of Lancaster making to BIF it goes into like a peninsula with water everywhere and if harsh weather hits public transports seems to falter quicker, this time of year a vehicle is a good option.
Auntie Merge

Barrow fans are commenting on the conference forum the pitch is already waterlogged.
Clockend Dagger

Game now off......
Diggerthedog

Barrow on a Tuesday night, anyone who goes that deserves a free season ticket.
Auntie Merge

Barrow fan says possibly rearranged for 29th Feb,
which is a Saturday. (
ARNU

The boy went up for the weekend with his Barrow supporting mate. Ended up going Preston v Millwall. He's got a rugby match to watch tomorrow then back Monday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

London Broncos at Widnes, Arnu?
ARNU

Now I'm clueless about rugby but the word broncos rings a bell. I think it's them. I'll ask him in the morning and report back.
ARNU

Barrow Raiders v London scholars .
chipmunx

ARNU wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:45 pm The boy went up for the weekend with his Barrow supporting mate. Ended up going Preston v Millwall. He's got a rugby match to watch tomorrow then back Monday.
Saw your lad in the Shell Garage in Barrow (with his Barrow supporting mate) after he got back from the Preston v Millwall game... I work there. Coincidentally my mum was brought up in Durban Gardens in Dagenham so although i'm a Barrow fan and season ticket holder I also look out for Dagenham (and West Ham) results...
It's looking like the match will be rearranged for the 29th Feb as we're both out of the trophy. That should be confirmed in the next few days.
hockley dagger

Thanks Arnu. I was going to Widnes but decided against because of the weather. Think Barrow v Skolars is being live streamed by the rugby league.