Stockport Thoughts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Thoughts on this one then? Not a classic and we probably should've won it all in all, but in the circumstances it's definitely a point we'll happily take.

We seemed to force the issue, especially in the first half, but found ourselves vulnerable to the counter attack and this ultimately lead to their goal, which we all thought was the winner. But credit to the team who dug deep and didn't feel sorry for themselves. Power over placement for Kandi to snatch a point with virtually the last kick of the game, just when it seemed as if Stockport were going to inflict another last-gasp defeat upon us.

Could be a vital point.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Irritating to not get 3 points today but I think on balance it was a fair result a draw. No way did Stockport deserve to take all the points but they kept Justham busy. The header off the line by Clark must be why he got motm. Up until then I’d have give it to Robbo. Another crocked player on his debut , McMahon likes a cripple it seems.
Gotta get some points boys !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
EssexDagger!

Will take a point today especially after conceding such a late goal which I thought was game over and expecting our boys heads to go down & accept defeat.
Personally I thought apart from the last 10 means we were the better side through out, with both Brundle & Robinson winning a very busy midfield battle against a strong physical Stockport side.

Did anybody see what happened with the kerfuffle after the final whistle by the tunnel as the dagger players tried to exit the pitch? Looked a bit of aggro with those lovely Stockport “fans”
SUSSEX DAGGER

No excuses failed to beat another bang average team at home.

If not for the last gasp saver thats would have been three blanks out last four.

Simply not good enough and if we dont start scoring goals we will go down
NBDag

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:32 pm No excuses failed to beat another bang average team at home.

If not for the last gasp saver thats would have been three blanks out last four.

Simply not good enough and if we dont start scoring goals we will go down
Yeah they are a bang average team. But for the majority of this season we have been well below average. It’s not the worst result ever.

Still not sure our prayers are answered with Reid but House was a real menace to them. When Phipps and Balanta are both fully fit we should be a proper decent team
IanC

They were ya bog standard northern team full of 6 foot white men,****** hoof it all day long and nearly got a result.Has shit as they looked they still had the better chances,and Elliot was magnificent.But The new manager has made us fitter and we go to the wire and got a point.
We are still heading in the right direction,the atmosphere around the place is better.
But draws ain’t gonna keep us up,we need to start winning games ASAP
DevonDagger

Really wanted us to win this one. Even now we're only 4 points off 14th so we have such a great chance to drag the teams above us into it rather than whether we can manage to finish above Chesterfield and Fylde.

Not sure how it will go against Barrow but 4 points from the Barnet and Solihull games would go a long way imo. We have Fylde at home before long too, right now that game looks massive but it doesn't have to be.
Dagdale

That would have been total daylight robbery if our team had walked off that green with sweet f a, BUT here goes, even with a battalion of striking force of Reid, House, Balanta and Kandi and a rather useful Deering behind them we still had a bloody hell of a job to put that ball over the line, costly again and its the story of our season. What did startle me though under Daryl now certainly look a team on a mission to get up the table and lift us all from this mess, at times they really played some nice football, hardest thing to take in when County did grab that goal so close to the end those two absolute crucial saves by Justham how important was that on not walking off with nothing! Out of the inevitable reckon Barrow are going to be in for a nice surprise next week, we have a team of fighters now and proud.
ARNU

Be nice if we against all odds turn over Barrow next week.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger Steve

The gaffer to be fair has given an honest, insightful post match interview - and reflects what my thoughts on the game are.

I also believe we can get something at Barrow... :confuse:
Pondfield Dagger

What is it with stockports fans f**king hate them. nice chat with Daryl in the upstairs after game talks to anyone such a nice bloke. funny seeing h, McQueen and grant head over the road at 2 45 must have gone cafe with the sun hill of dagenham lol
DevonDagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:52 pm Be nice if we against all odds turn over Barrow next week.
1 win from their last 5 which was against Torquay and I'm told that was more down to Torquay throwing it away than Barrow winning it. Lost 3-0 today in the cup.

If there's ever a time to play the team at the top, perhaps it's now. Hope Daryl sends them out without fear and goes for it. Nothing really to lose.
Diggerthedog

Credit to the lads, gave everything until the last minute but thought Stockport were very worthy of the three points and the draw was daylight robbery. Only have to look at the saves Justham made at least two superb saves in each half. Their keeper had very little to do other than to waste time which in the end cost him.

The manager has a huge job to do with this shower Taylor put together, hopefully this time it was not too late with the sacking to keep us up.
leewilson

Think on balance a draw was probably fair. Stockport had better chances to score but I thought we had more of the play. First half I thought we were a bit off it and made a few mistakes at the back which led to Justham having to bail us out.

2nd half, I thought we were bang on it and we really started to take the ascendency once Weston and Balanta were brought on. Stockport started to retreat and looked happy to take a point but Weston's injury killed us as it meant a shape change. Stockport sensed this and exploited the wide areas. Noticably after about 5 minutes of Weston coming off, Deering was pushed left as Croll was taking a battering down that side.

I think we'd have won had Weston stayed on. One of them things though.

It does sound like it'll only be 3 down this season due to Bury most likely not getting a place in the National League next season. We just need to keep picking up points and we'll be fine. I fancy one of the teams above us to plummet anyway. Aldershot look the most likely to me.
RM1Dagger

Can't go along with assessment Stockport deserved to win! Yes, Justham made the better saves (and a couple of decent ones at 0-1) but you cannot judge a whole game on that. Whilst I don't say we dominated the game we were largely on the front foot, especially second half and I think had we nicked it that would have been about right. In fact as it looked like it was petering out to a 0-0 I though it was a missed opportunity, but under the circumstances pleased to get the point and the boys never gave up.
Now the SE27 Dagger