Stockport Thoughts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Daggers 1 Stockport 1

As Chike Kandi lashed home in the dying seconds, it signalled far more than merely the retrieval of a richly-deserved point and rather restored belief amongst a fanbase accustomed to seeing their side lose in such circumstances.

Report & Player Ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... t-county-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
redboy

Lets be honest it was an awful game crying out for one piece of quality to win it. As the home side, I expected more from us, but with the midfield AWOL in the first half, we created FA. Thought House looked our most potent threat but cant recall a serious effort on target from anyone, correct me if I'm wrong up, until the goal. The gaffer has a hell of a job to do turning this shower into a team. But regardless who's in charge, wtf do we keep signing crocks. What are we ? The knackers yard for injured players. Maybe we'll bring Darren Anderton out of retirement next!
Dagger Steve

Reports of some Stockport fans attacking Justham on the way to the tunnel.

Apparently because he incited them by having the cheek to celebrate a 94th minute equaliser!
EssexDagger!

Dagger Steve wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 pm Reports of some Stockport fans attacking Justham on the way to the tunnel.

Apparently because he incited them by having the cheek to celebrate a 94th minute equaliser!
Incited them? What about the 100 or so of their fans who left their seat to run down to the advertising boards behind Justham’s goal hurling abuse when they thought they had scored the winner. Football fans do make me laugh, in a safety net of 80-100 other people giving stick and abuse throughout games to certain players, But when that said player gives a bit back, grown men are up in arms about it, spitting out their dummy and wanting to physically fight that player after the game.

If you can take it then don’t dish it out, it goes for supporters of every team.
BarkingRambo

I don't know how the club manages to sign so many strikers that can't shoot. We were attacking fairly well, better of possession, getting into some decent positions, good movement from Deering and House but when the moment to pull the trigger comes we just can't test the keeper. Great to see we have some fight in us, we would have lost that game under Taylor. Probably should have won but I will take any result that meant the See You Next Tuesday section of Stockport fans didn't go home smiling.
LondonDagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm Credit to the lads, gave everything until the last minute but thought Stockport were very worthy of the three points and the draw was daylight robbery. Only have to look at the saves Justham made at least two superb saves in each half. Their keeper had very little to do other than to waste time which in the end cost him.

The manager has a huge job to do with this shower Taylor put together, hopefully this time it was not too late with the sacking to keep us up.
Don't know how you can see this. Dominated them for the majority of the game, just not clinical. They had the better chances, but that doesn't mean they deserved to win. A draw is more than a fair result.
jag

I think the team are playing much better with more effort however again and again the shooting at goal has been dire the amount of shots the go well over the bar I think the neighbours in Bury Road must be getting sick and tired of the bloody ball keep landing in their gardens, ( PLEASE PLAYERS ) be reminded that you really do have a fraction of a second more than you think that I must keep the ball down, really good to see the players put in a good shift though, COYD .
Diggerthedog

LondonDagger wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:29 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm Credit to the lads, gave everything until the last minute but thought Stockport were very worthy of the three points and the draw was daylight robbery. Only have to look at the saves Justham made at least two superb saves in each half. Their keeper had very little to do other than to waste time which in the end cost him.

The manager has a huge job to do with this shower Taylor put together, hopefully this time it was not too late with the sacking to keep us up.
Don't know how you can see this. Dominated them for the majority of the game, just not clinical. They had the better chances, but that doesn't mean they deserved to win. A draw is more than a fair result.
I guess it's how we all see the game differently, we played some nice football and it was much better than the way Stockport tried to play but when you actually create next to nothing or fail to test the goal keeper I don't see how anyone can say we deserved to win. It's all about scoring goals, had it not been for Elliot they could have had 4 at least, their keeper had nothing to do.

We're slowly improving but still a very long way to go to see us safe.
dagger4eva

Interesting thread on the Stockport Forum with respect to the behaviour of a section of their 'fans'.

https://members3.boardhost.com/marionsb ... 77532.html
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:58 pm Interesting thread on the Stockport Forum with respect to the behaviour of a section of their 'fans'.

https://members3.boardhost.com/marionsb ... 77532.html
Someone actually climbed on to the tube line at Barking???? Jesus wept
EssexDagger!

Feel sorry for the genuine fans amoungst the Stockport lads, sounds like these P****d up young herberts are day causing trouble wherever they travel too and every one of them will no doubt get tarnished with the same brush.
ARNU

[quote=Diggerthedog

We're slowly improving but still a very long way to go to see us safe.
[/quote]

It’s worth remembering it’s Taylors players doing the business here. Ok Weston was on for 8 mins but it wasn’t till the end when Reid went off that Kandi replaced him and scored. McMahon has definitely got them firing on 3 of their 4 cylinders and they are playing to win every ball again. I’m sure Taylor would be saying something along the lines of “ injured players coming back
Is the difference”.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Although it beats me to say this as I'm a S/T up the TBS just maybe the club made the right decision in segregation Saturday. Actually thought they'd have a few more as to my knowledge don't think the teams have ever met in Dagenham. Feel its always the 'away day mentality' , early start when under probably excess amount of alcohol before kick off and on masse up pops the bad old days mentality. Shame really as when we visited Edgeley Park early November found it a great experience, friendly and good decent watering holes, would really lower the bar if Non League football becomes a Saturday afternoon when your forever looking over your shoulder.
ARNU

Punish the club for their imbeciles behaviour. Ban them from all grounds and get Stockport to pay dagenham compensation to make up for the empty stand. Stockport know they got some divs travelling away, it’s on them. 2 grand fines for individual idiots.

Ain’t gonna happen I know.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Stinks of ‘lads’ trying to get on those Footy Away Days Twitter accounts - fair play to El for wanting to rub it in their faces