Wrexham Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Clubs will vote on what team out of all the options will bring in the more money .I.e it would be in Harrogate interest to vote.for York if they missed out over say an Eastleigh or Maidenhead..
Bit of a risk for many reasons thinking 4th bottom will be enough
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:23 pm It's very likely to be 3 down based on prior seasons but they normally wait until the AGM. Guess they don't want teams aiming for 4th bottom as safe.
I wouldn't bet on anything else other than 3 down.
Selecting 5 to go up would be nonsense, I mean which league would you choose to have the additional place from, North or South. Its a pointless suggestion.
SUSSEX DAGGER

From.were I was standing I thought it was not a dive but neither did I think.it a penalty. Looking at that again it looks a stonewall.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hold on - can someone explain this a bit more simply for the idiots among us ? They haven't decided how many teams are going down yet ?
BarkingRambo

I think its to do with Bury. FA have given them permission to join National League so they need they need space, but the league hasn't actually decided if they will go in our league or North. I guess if they put them in National League then only 1 gets promoted from North, if they go in North only 1 goes down from here.

Guardian article suggests they are about to miss the deadline pay off any of their debts so they could be liquidated by the end of the month.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -creditors
Dag82

BarkingRambo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:06 pm I think its to do with Bury. FA have given them permission to join National League so they need they need space, but the league hasn't actually decided if they will go in our league or North. I guess if they put them in National League then only 1 gets promoted from North, if they go in North only 1 goes down from here.

Guardian article suggests they are about to miss the deadline pay off any of their debts so they could be liquidated by the end of the month.

Have been trying to understand this myself, why all the media outlets are still showing it as four down, when that leaves the league at 23 clubs next season, and yeah I think it is to do with Bury.

But how can a team be re-instated into the National League ??, on what basis ??, surely they start again wright at the bottom of the pyramid in level nine, or whatever it is.

Surely all the teams in NL North / South would not stand for this.
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Wrexham 0 Daggers 0

Dagenham were undoubtedly the worthier winners out of the two sides, but overall neither seemed to do enough to constitute the three points in what was a match that tested the resolve of each of the 4020 in attendance. Here's my match report plus player ratings, and don't underestimate the size of the challenge of writing more than a paragraph on this!

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BarkingRambo

Dag82 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 pm
BarkingRambo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:06 pm I think its to do with Bury. FA have given them permission to join National League so they need they need space, but the league hasn't actually decided if they will go in our league or North. I guess if they put them in National League then only 1 gets promoted from North, if they go in North only 1 goes down from here.

Have been trying to understand this myself, why all the media outlets are still showing it as four down, when that leaves the league at 23 clubs next season, and yeah I think it is to do with Bury.

But how can a team be re-instated into the National League ??, on what basis ??, surely they start again wright at the bottom of the pyramid in level nine, or whatever it is.

Surely all the teams in NL North / South would not stand for this.
It seems if you have a big history and ask the league nicely they just let you in wherever.

I tried looking it up and did find a few conference forums where people were going mad. If clubs like Hereford and Darlington had to start again then they should too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manc ... 073525.amp
SUSSEX DAGGER

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:26 pm Match Report: Wrexham 0 Daggers 0

Dagenham were undoubtedly the worthier winners out of the two sides, but overall neither seemed to do enough to constitute the three points in what was a match that tested the resolve of each of the 4020 in attendance. Here's my match report plus player ratings, and don't underestimate the size of the challenge of writing more than a paragraph on this!

Bit more luck , which Daggers dont seem to get Joel , we could have won. Looking at the penalty again it looks stonewall to me which is an opinion I did not form in real time . That said it certainly was not a dive as the reaction of the defender sort of indicates.
Good thing was in a game that we could not afford to lose at no time did I ever think we would.
Totally agree about Sam what that reporter was watching I dont know. As stated elsewhere his dead ball was not up to the standard of his open play but it was so good to see him at least keep trying to do something every time he got the ball.
Was pleased with what I saw and lots of positives to go forward with. Unlike so many away games this year at least we tried to win the game and I can see us digging out what look like unlikely results on paper in the coming weeks
DaggerJoel11

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 am
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:26 pm Match Report: Wrexham 0 Daggers 0

Bit more luck , which Daggers dont seem to get Joel , we could have won. Looking at the penalty again it looks stonewall to me which is an opinion I did not form in real time . That said it certainly was not a dive as the reaction of the defender sort of indicates.
Good thing was in a game that we could not afford to lose at no time did I ever think we would.
Totally agree about Sam what that reporter was watching I dont know. As stated elsewhere his dead ball was not up to the standard of his open play but it was so good to see him at least keep trying to do something every time he got the ball.
Was pleased with what I saw and lots of positives to go forward with. Unlike so many away games this year at least we tried to win the game and I can see us digging out what look like unlikely results on paper in the coming weeks
Bit more luck or a bit more intelligence at times (for example Brundle shooting from distance instead of playing Reid in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-16zOZPgY8&t=434s around 7 mins 10 seconds in), but in truth I didn't feel we really did enough on the day. We had a couple of chances in the last twenty minutes but prior to that offered next to nothing, and Wrexham offered even less than that.

In regard to the penalty shout, there's definitely arguments either way. At first glance I thought it looked a clear penalty, then after seeing the replay yesterday there actually didn't seem to be much contact from their bloke so I'm really not sure. The way House is sent sprawling to the ground is certainly disproportionate to the amount of contact he received, which is maybe why the referee eventually makes the decision he does, although I suppose that's what players have to do in order to get decisions these days. He does have a bit of a reckless swipe at it, and of course sports a very guilty reaction. Who knows.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''