Wrexham Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Tough trip in what is a very big match against a team around us in the table. Both teams are turning the tide slightly so wouldn’t be surprised to see a draw. A win here would be a brilliant result specially with our abysmal away record.

Think Kandi will drop out for House and Manny in for Gabby after last weeks match. Phipps will sit it out I think as per the gaffers comments.

Come on You Daggers.
ARNU

Hopefully last weeks win will give us a bit of confidence.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just like the majority of the Daggers there
must have came away frustrated but took comfort in the fact that this new approach looking Daggers are a far far better side then Wrexham.
Just a pity the wind decided to whip up and spoil everything cos from what I saw on a more placid afternoon we surely would have won.
To go away from home and your Goalkeeper not have a single shot to save in such conditions proves at the very least you have vastly improved at least one end of pitch, if that does not convince you surely the third clean league sheet in a row adds further credence to that claim.
Alas two very good saves from their keeper and a couple of wrong choices prevented the scoreline from showing who was the best team there today.
Deering was superb throughout , Manny who sometimes looks unotherdox never looked in any Danger and had their Centre Forward who was the target of their hoof ball approach in his pocket from the first minute to the last.
Second half having the elements somewhat against us Matt Robinson was at least player of the half breaking up so much in front of our back four and getting us going.
Great effort in my book and we deserved more
Leopardman

The commentary made out that Deering had a mare and even said that in the post match interview.
Daggerjamie

Would of taken a point before the game, but thought we edged it and probably should of won, their keeper made some good saves in the 2nd half, we had what looked like a stonewall penalty turned away and booked reid for diving. On to the next one.
Sagres

Daggerjamie wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 pm Would of taken a point before the game, but thought we edged it and probably should of won, their keeper made some good saves in the 2nd half, we had what looked like a stonewall penalty turned away and booked reid for diving. On to the next one.
It was Ben House not Reid.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Leopardman wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm The commentary made out that Deering had a mare and even said that in the post match interview.
Simply not having that. If he had a mare he,will be up there with Messi when he has a good day then. Heard some things in my tine but that takes the buiscuit
DaggerJoel11

Didn't feel we quite did enough to get the three points, but at the same time were the worthier winners of the two.

There were a few openings and encouraging bursts forward from either team but, in very blustery conditions, they didn't materialise into chances. Infact, I can't remember Wrexham mustering a single attempt all game, while we had just one or two. It seemed as if we'd nicked it when Alex Reid got his head to a corner from point-blank range but the keeper showed excellent reflexes to tip it over the bar. There was also a penalty shout for House which, to be honest, we weren't close enough to make judgement on.

Certainly not a classic. However, Reid and House both showed glimpses of quality, while our defence held firm to earn a third clean sheet in a row which, considering we only have seven all season, is impressive stuff. Crazy how Taylor was the defensive, safety-first manager yet it's McMahon whose getting the clean sheets...
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

I said a while ago the defence is not the problem and is actually decent in terms of quality, just when you attack you ease that burden.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:11 am I said a while ago the defence is not the problem and is actually decent in terms of quality, just when you attack you ease that burden.
Some would say, the best form of defence is to attack
Richie

Deering was good in open play, but his set pieces were awful though. Croll ended up taking them as Deering's were that bad.

Reid and House looked a good partnership, and I definitely think 5-3-2 is the way to go with this squad. Robinson continued his good form, player of the year for me.
dagger4eva

Just in Tenerife South airport waiting to come home. Had a browse on the Wrexham forum just now and virtually all the comments suggest we were unlucky not to have won, with plenty of compliments for the football we played.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrex ... ction.html

Think back a couple of months, and the Hartlepool supporters saying we were the worst to team to visit them in an eternity.

Looks like Daryl & Co. are genuinely improving things slowly but surely.

With Chesterfield losing 3-0 late Saturday, we stand 3 points clear of 4th bottom with a game in hand.
Is it absolutely certain that only 3 will go down this year?
Chigwellian

I think it's 3 down from league 1 to league 2
1 down from league 2 to national league
4 down from national league to north/south
DI Mike Dashwood

That would mean a 23 team league by my maths.

So either 5 will be coming up from North/South or only 3 are going down.
Mark

It's very likely to be 3 down based on prior seasons but they normally wait until the AGM. Guess they don't want teams aiming for 4th bottom as safe.