Notts County Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Dag82 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:44 pm

Well pleased with that boys, fully deserved 3 pts.

Same players, different manager, better result.

5 more wins required, then we can re-set for next season.

Peter/Craig, well done on making the correct decision, before it was too late.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 3057
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Diggerthedog » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Really good performances today, everyone played their part from Justham to the strikers and that’s what we’ve all wanted to see.

Special mention for Deering who linked everything along with Brundle who we now see playing in a much further forward role, suits his game much better than the deep bullshit position Taylor was playing him in.

Long way to go still but a win at Wrexham would be a decent result to get at this point.

BB-Dagger
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Notts County Home

Post by BB-Dagger » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 am

I don’t know if it’s just me but what does brundle bring to the table? He runs around aimlessly with no set agenda, he gives easy balls away and frustrates me big time!
He is like a scrum half kicking the ball high and long hoping someone gets in the end, I originally thought it was him playing to Taylor’s tactics but as after today I’m not so sure

User avatar
A S dagger97
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:55 pm
Location: Crewe
Contact:

Re: Notts County Home

Post by A S dagger97 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:35 pm

BB-Dagger wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 am
I don’t know if it’s just me but what does brundle bring to the table? He runs around aimlessly with no set agenda, he gives easy balls away and frustrates me big time!
He is like a scrum half kicking the ball high and long hoping someone gets in the end, I originally thought it was him playing to Taylor’s tactics but as after today I’m not so sure
Hope Phipps returns soon, If so Daryl should hopefully put him back in rhe team
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm

BB-Dagger wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 am
I don’t know if it’s just me but what does brundle bring to the table? He runs around aimlessly with no set agenda, he gives easy balls away and frustrates me big time!
He is like a scrum half kicking the ball high and long hoping someone gets in the end, I originally thought it was him playing to Taylor’s tactics but as after today I’m not so sure
I thought Brundle did alright yesterday. Played more advanced, which I think he's better than sitting in front of back 4/5

Kevin
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Kevin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm
BB-Dagger wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 am
I don’t know if it’s just me but what does brundle bring to the table? He runs around aimlessly with no set agenda, he gives easy balls away and frustrates me big time!
He is like a scrum half kicking the ball high and long hoping someone gets in the end, I originally thought it was him playing to Taylor’s tactics but as after today I’m not so sure
I thought Brundle did alright yesterday. Played more advanced, which I think he's better than sitting in front of back 4/5
I thought Brundle looked like a centre-half playing in midfield - which is what he is, so fair enough.

Alan
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Brundle isn’t good enough as a centre half or centre mid of you want to get promoted.

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Alan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm
Brundle isn’t good enough as a centre half or centre mid of you want to get promoted.
I disagree. He played well yesterday in a system and tactics not played before this season. Time will tell!

EssexDagger!
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by EssexDagger! » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:50 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Alan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:42 pm
Brundle isn’t good enough as a centre half or centre mid of you want to get promoted.
I disagree. He played well yesterday in a system and tactics not played before this season. Time will tell!
Agree, When his playing further advanced he is not shy in getting into the box, I could be wrong here but was it his long range shot that the keeper parried for Alex Reids second goal? I could be wrong tho!

I think McMahon will hopefully bring out the form in him that earnt him Dover’s player of the year last season.fingers crossed!

Alan
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 pm

Yep, he had a shot straight at the keeper, which the keeper didn’t parry, but spilled horribly.

He missed the ball when he had a tap in first half as well, if not scoring is what we are looking for.

Too slow, too wasteful in possession.

BarkingRambo
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

Re: Notts County Home

Post by BarkingRambo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 am

I think the moment Balanta is fit then that's Brundle on the bench, if they are trying to make him play further forward it sounds like they are gearing up for that position to be Balanta/Deering's. Brundle is really frustrating to watch, 3rd highest goalscorer for us (less than Quigley, its a pretty low bar) so he has something but only shows it in small glimpses.

LondonDagger
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by LondonDagger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:48 am

NBDag wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:15 pm
Well that was an entertaining second half. We had some real aggression today I felt, some solid tackles being made and pressing from the start. Very refreshing to see.

Wasn’t massively impressed by Reid in the first half, but 2 goals is his job done. So right now he looks like a good signing. Actually was beefing towards Clark being my motm, he was solid and looked completely different to the old Clark! Robinson was also great again doing all of the ugly stuff off the ball. Gordon again performing well above his years too.

I’ve seen that referee a few times now and I think he’s the best in this division by miles. It’s baffling that he hasn’t moved up yet as he is so much better than the shit we even saw in League Two!
Clark put in a Scott Doe esque performance. Getting beaten every time but then putting in a quality last ditch tackle. In my opinion, had to be Manny starting over Clark all day. However clean sheet and no grumbles. Long may it continue...

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by ARNU » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 am

I can feel an apology to auntie Merge coming on. New defender crocked already lol!
Be alert, the world needs more lerts!

EssexDagger!
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by EssexDagger! » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:57 am

Alan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 pm
Yep, he had a shot straight at the keeper, which the keeper didn’t parry, but spilled horribly.

He missed the ball when he had a tap in first half as well, if not scoring is what we are looking for.

Too slow, too wasteful in possession.
My apologies, spilled then not parried. My goalkeeping terminology needs some brushing up on!
Spilled or parried, the keeper wouldn’t have to have done either if he never took the risk and had a shot from distance which we haven’t been doing under Taylor, taking more risks & pot shots.

Don’t think he will ever turn in to Kevin De Bruyne but still think we are yet to see the best of him and hopefully will now under McMahon.

Mark
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: Notts County Home

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:35 am

He's one of the slowest players I've ever seen tbh.

Further forward is better for him and us, as he's so easy to go past when he's deployed further back. Good to see him have a dig from outside the box, and a welcome change to see it on target - almost every shot we have from distance normally seems to land in the crowd.

I don't think he's very good but he showed some improvement this weekend. We'll see I guess.

Post Reply