Notts County Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So with two weeks to work with the players on the training ground and implement his ideas the new manager is looking at a tough game to get a win for the first time in two months. We really need to start picking up wins, we have relied heavily on teams below us being poor for far too long. If no new striker signs or Balanta is not ready I do fear another defeat despite the new manager.

Notts beat us two weeks ago with what was really half a proper team for them, expect a lot more from them this time around. Crappy Carling stand for me given the away end is hard segregation, hopefully the new owners will sort a proper home end for us but no point in the conference south.
Oxhead

Usual negative crap
Daggerman

I’m feeling “positive” about this one, will be close but I think we will edge it
Diggerthedog

Oxhead wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:13 pm Usual negative crap
Negative? It’s my thoughts on an upcoming game? What are your thoughts? Or you just going to moan about what other people post? Melon.
Dag82

Well, lets hope we at least see a noticeable difference in the performance/approach, and the 2 new blokes look like they
are adding something to the team.

Personally, I think a point, would be a decent result, against this mob.
DaggerJoel11

I've got no doubt that there will be a notable improvement in performance and overall quality of football on Saturday, as was the case against County a couple of weeks back. Whether that translates into goals and points, however, is a different story.

Reid seems like a fairly decent acquisition to be fair, but I'm not sure his presence in the side alone will be enough to turn us into a threat. Plus, as has already been mentioned, we were beaten by a heavily-changed Notts County side recently so we'll have to do well to get anything against a side who will be stronger.

There's sixteen games left, which sounds like quite a few. But soon that will be ten, then five, and if there hasn't been a significant improvement in form it really will be time to worry. In my book this is a must win.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Richie

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 pm I've got no doubt that there will be a notable improvement in performance and overall quality of football on Saturday, as was the case against County a couple of weeks back. Whether that translates into goals and points, however, is a different story.

Reid seems like a fairly decent acquisition to be fair, but I'm not sure his presence in the side alone will be enough to turn us into a threat. Plus, as has already been mentioned, we were beaten by a heavily-changed Notts County side recently so we'll have to do well to get anything against a side who will be stronger.

There's sixteen games left, which sounds like quite a few. But soon that will be ten, then five, and if there hasn't been a significant improvement in form it really will be time to worry. In my book this is a must win.
No game is a must win with 16 games to go surely. If we lose on Saturday it's hardly curtains for us
Kevin

The way we've played this season, I'd settle for us actually having a shot on target on Saturday :blink:
Mark

McMahon has already alluded to the squad not being fit enough so I'm hoping 2 weeks solid training will have given them a bit extra in the tank. But let's be realistic, we are not suddenly going to become a better side than County.

I think if we can press from the outset and play in their half we might be able to sneak a goal, then it will be about riding our luck and defending resolutely. Look at Burnley the other night, barely had the ball but never looked troubled. Hoping Zakuani can add some steel back there.

It will be interesting to see if we go with 5 at the back or whether maybe Kenny makes way. I'd like to see Deering in the hole behind Kandi with Reid and maybe Luque out wide, Robinson partnering Croll in midfield. I think he'll likely continue with Brundle though, and perhaps Reid will replace Kandi.
Diggerthedog

Balanta still not fit for tomorrow. FFS.
ARNU

The high point of the day for me is usually the pie and mash shop these days. Hopefully we can nick a win but I’m rather uninspired so far. Front men gotta find the net or we’re doomed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

The away form is shocking. One point accrued on the road since 24 September. We still have to visit Yeovil and Barrow. So we need to start winning home games now.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did not look anything special.to me on that disappointing Tuesday night a couple of months back. Just looked a slightly above average team in a very poor league.

Created enough that night and it may have been a diffrent story if Grant had not missed another sitter at 1-0 .

Always remember those words of one of our most loyal fans who turned to me and said thats our goalscorer , worrying isnt it.

Hopefully Reid improves us but that worry is as real.today as it was that night our attack is simply not good enough to see of worse teams then Notts County who are no world beaters by any stretch of imagination
ARNU

Thought we looked sharper, more disciplined. I was thinking Reid wasn’t really doing much but he scores 2 and gets motm. I thought he looked a bit lost out there at times but to be fair I’d rather have a bloke who touches the ball twice and stuffs it in the net both times than one that runs around like a nutter all day but cannot score( Kandi, quigley and grant). Only 11 points off playoffs. Nick a win at Wrexham and do Stockport we’ll be safe I reckon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Well that was an entertaining second half. We had some real aggression today I felt, some solid tackles being made and pressing from the start. Very refreshing to see.

Wasn’t massively impressed by Reid in the first half, but 2 goals is his job done. So right now he looks like a good signing. Actually was beefing towards Clark being my motm, he was solid and looked completely different to the old Clark! Robinson was also great again doing all of the ugly stuff off the ball. Gordon again performing well above his years too.

I’ve seen that referee a few times now and I think he’s the best in this division by miles. It’s baffling that he hasn’t moved up yet as he is so much better than the shit we even saw in League Two!