Zakuani

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm Give the bloke a chance. Been leaking goals all season, our defence is shite. There’s only about 3 players in our team I care if I ever see again. Taylor’s players are relegation players.
Writes the person who will be the no 1 critic if he ends up in the physio room for months on end.

Up until September Zakuani was out injured for 7 months. He is a risk.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 pm
ARNU wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm Give the bloke a chance. Been leaking goals all season, our defence is shite. There’s only about 3 players in our team I care if I ever see again. Taylor’s players are relegation players.
8th best defence in the league, defending has not really been the main issue this season. Yes one too many from set peices and the odd individual error but in the main prettt sound.
Hmmmm. The objective of a football team is to score more than the opposing team. If we don’t let the ball in our goal we at least get a draw. It’s even more important to not concede if you definitely can’t score. If this player is better than what we’ve got why wouldn’t we put him in ?

I doubt this will be our only signing. Need at least 2 goal scorers. I’m sure we’ll get them soon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm
Writes the person who will be the no 1 critic if he ends up in the physio room for months on end.

That’s the beauty of being a fickle daggers fan innit? If it’s crap we can gob off on here about it.
You might as well start your “McMahon out” thread now Auntie. Obviously he’s got a 100% loss record and he’s dared to change something, I make you right, stick with the back 4 that have been shite all season you can then blame Taylor and continue your vendetta against Thompson.

We got 3 players worth keeping, 1 of them is a defender. What’s the point of keeping it the same?
CharlieC

8th best defence in the league, defending has not really been the main issue this season. Yes one too many from set peices and the odd individual error but in the main prettt sound.
Only 4 clean sheets though. Of course the lack of a goalscorer is our main issue but that’s a shocking amount of clean sheets. I expect a striker to sign in the next week or two
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm

That’s the beauty of being a fickle daggers fan innit? If it’s crap we can gob off on here about it.
You might as well start your “McMahon out” thread now Auntie. Obviously he’s got a 100% loss record and he’s dared to change something, I make you right, stick with the back 4 that have been shite all season you can then blame Taylor and continue your vendetta against Thompson.

We got 3 players worth keeping, 1 of them is a defender. What’s the point of keeping it the same?
Yawn. nothing to do with that nor is there a vendetta against Thompson, and if there is, it isn't mine.

Just thinking of Zavon Hines. That is all.
ARNU

Yes if the guy spends his time in Gowan’s sick bay most of the time it would be a waste of time and money. Surely they do fitness tests though.
ARNU

Mark

One of the reasons we have a relatively decent goals against column is because we are so negative. And as pointed out, the lack of clean sheets is a worry. I definitely don't think we're particularly good at the back other than Manny and I welcome this addition.
Diggerthedog

CharlieC wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 am
Only 4 clean sheets though. Of course the lack of a goalscorer is our main issue but that’s a shocking amount of clean sheets. I expect a striker to sign in the next week or two
Very true, but if you're defending for most of the game as Taylor liked to set up you will concede more goals. Less for the defence to do means less mistakes made, defenders at this level always have mistakes in them if they didn't they would be playing further up the pyramid.
LondonDagger

Clark... or 'concrete'/ 'The Wall' - is a poor defender and that has shown this year. He was at fault for the first Saturday and just has been poor all year. Zakuani is a very good defender and one of our best recent signings. Really happy with that. A couple of strikers and we will be safe this year. Then McMahon can start to build his own squad, instead of playing with Taylor's Toys.
SUSSEX DAGGER

LondonDagger wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 pm Clark... or 'concrete'/ 'The Wall' - is a poor defender and that has shown this year. He was at fault for the first Saturday and just has been poor all year. Zakuani is a very good defender and one of our best recent signings. Really happy with that. A couple of strikers and we will be safe this year. Then McMahon can start to build his own squad, instead of playing with Taylor's Toys.
Out of interest London Dagger do you think he will be given the funds to do much in the summer. My worry is he will have to dip into next years budget to keep us safe this year. Mr Thompson explained a number of years ago the Club work on a three year cycle , the new owners are not a charity but hard nosed business People . With the added expense of changing the Manager and drastic rejigging of this years squad I think we will see a very quiet summer
SUSSEX DAGGER

Whilst debating the merits of another Centre half See Ben Goodlife is being sold to Barnsley by Sutton. Always thought he looked the part and it will always be a subjective arguement as to if he was always the better bet.

Certainly now looks a better investment.
ARNU

I think if you are the yanks and you pretty much guaranteed us a season with playoffs as a minimum then you’ll have to spend money to save a bit of face. To be 19th or whatever hideous position we find ourselves in now and having attended 2 games all season is it? You currently look a bit like mugs who possibly took your eye off the ball. Also if you’re just gonna persevere with Taylor’s failures why sack the bloke?

In short, I don’t really think they have any other choice than to buy us out of this mess.
NBDag

ARNU wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm I think if you are the yanks and you pretty much guaranteed us a season with playoffs as a minimum then you’ll have to spend money to save a bit of face. To be 19th or whatever hideous position we find ourselves in now and having attended 2 games all season is it? You currently look a bit like mugs who possibly took your eye off the ball. Also if you’re just gonna persevere with Taylor’s failures why sack the bloke?

In short, I don’t really think they have any other choice than to buy us out of this mess.
That’s assuming that our players can’t play better with a different manager. Whilst I think some can’t, you’ve got to imagine that some can. Simply because we have in very brief moments seen Taylor get the best out of them.
daggersjeff

Zakuani didnt look anything special last night...and yes, I know he only been here a couple of days, was giving a first opinion thats all! :banghead: