Quigley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

You’re probably right. Thierry Henry started his Arsenal career poorly. Wenger stuck with him. Wasn’t Benno a dud at first ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Coydagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 am You’re probably right. Thierry Henry started his Arsenal career poorly. Wenger stuck with him. Wasn’t Benno a dud at first ?
Don’t make yourself look silly Arnu. Comparing Quigley to Benno isn’t even a fair comparison. Benno when he first joined was having his first season at pro level and wasn’t missing open goals. Quigley has had a good 5/6 seasons at pro level and proved not good enough by any stretch
Mark

Benson definitely missed loads of sitters in his first season. I saw him miss from about a yard in one game. 1 goal in 26 is far worse than Quigley has managed.

Don't think you can say he's had a good 5 or 6 pro seasons either, he was loaned out a lot by Bournemouth and only played about ten games in 2 of his 4 seasons as a pro before joining us.

I don't think Quigley is the next Benson by any stretch but to paint them without similarity requires quite a bit of fact bending.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:31 pm Benson definitely missed loads of sitters in his first season. I saw him miss from about a yard in one game. 1 goal in 26 is far worse than Quigley has managed.

Don't think you can say he's had a good 5 or 6 pro seasons either, he was loaned out a lot by Bournemouth and only played about ten games in 2 of his 4 seasons as a pro before joining us.

I don't think Quigley is the next Benson by any stretch but to paint them without similarity requires quite a bit of fact bending.
Benson missed quite a period of time due to injury when he first game and the adjustment to full time football from what was really a park league. Quigley has no excuses for such a poor record over an extended period in the professional game. He has had a huge run in the team this season and has unfortunately fallen way short of the expectations fo what should have been a promotion chasing side, he is not the only one either. Taylor will haunt us for a long time to come.
Alan

You have to think though that if he was in a side that had a goal scorer playing off him and had wide players who provided decent service, he would not look as atrocious as he does.

That said, I don’t expect him to be playing for us next season.
BarkingRambo

The misses are terrible and if better is out there then sadly there is an argument he should be dropped. I like something about him and believe he has a lot to offer but his gameplay just doesn't seem to fit in with the team. Not that it is anything to do with the goal line misses at all but he really isn't a lone forward. I can just see him being another one of those players that we let go, tell everyone is average and then does well.
leewilson

He's absolutely atrocious. One of the least threatening strikers I have ever seen.
daggersjeff

Also cost us the first goal against Barking last night!
ARNU

Coydagger wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 am
ARNU wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 am You’re probably right. Thierry Henry started his Arsenal career poorly. Wenger stuck with him. Wasn’t Benno a dud at first ?
Don’t make yourself look silly Arnu. Comparing Quigley to Benno isn’t even a fair comparison. Benno when he first joined was having his first season at pro level and wasn’t missing open goals. Quigley has had a good 5/6 seasons at pro level and proved not good enough by any stretch
I wasn’t looking for confrontation or was I saying benno and quigley were particularly similar. But if you re read what I said, I was right and therefore haven’t said anything silly.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Joined Billericay on loan

Pretty evident he isn't part of Daryl's plans - hope he does well and can earn himself a move there permanently in the summer!
Mark

Pretty evident already that Daryl will be trying to find new homes for Quigley, Grant, Dobson, Wright, McQueen, Luque. All players that Taylor picked regularly but many of us largely thought weren't good enough.

As Jody said when he left, there's a player in there somewhere but it just doesn't happen in front of goal. Hope he does well, he's a trier.

Edit: I assume Graham and Wood can be added to the list too.
Dag82

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:04 pm Joined Billericay on loan

Pretty evident he isn't part of Daryl's plans - hope he does well and can earn himself a move there permanently in the summer!
Well let's hope so, as he has got another year on his contract yet.

Thanks Taylor. :banghead:
Don Beech 3

Presume that means he's cup tied for the most important game of the month?
IanC

Bet he scores tomorrow night 😂😂😂
dagger4eva

Been joined now by Reece Grant who has re-joined Alderhsot.

Probably all abit pointless anyway as cant see the full set of fixtures being fulfilled...