Quigley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Coydagger

When’s this experiment going to end? Having gone today I couldn’t believe he missed that chance in the first half. He’s now missed 4 or 5 crucial sitters from yards out this season. Enoughs enough.

Some of you may say he holds the ball and lays it off well and that he’s not A natural scorer. You’d still expect anyone who plays up front to score from 5 yards out.
Mark

These misses from close range are getting worse, it's incredible how anyone can have done it 5 times already. It can be nothing but mental. We need to bring someone in though. It speaks volumes about the other options that Daryl is the third person in charge this season to start games with him.
dagger4eva

The lads commentating were clearly quite flabbergasted and somewhat speechless that he managed to miss the particular chance from 2/3 yards out.

Agree however with Coydagger - it's about time the experiment of persisting with what amounts to little more than a cart horse, is put to an end, immediately.

"Bloody Quigley" :grin:
Alan

Got to sign someone, as the alternatives in the squad are pretty poor. No, they’re piss poor.
DevonDagger

Obviously it's no use if you can't put the ball in the net, but at least Quigley gets himself into positions of scoring if he didn't somehow manage to miss them. We paid a fee for Reece Grant and I'm wondering how he's escaping the same level of critisism tbh.
Coydagger

DevonDagger wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:26 am Obviously it's no use if you can't put the ball in the net, but at least Quigley gets himself into positions of scoring if he didn't somehow manage to miss them. We paid a fee for Reece Grant and I'm wondering how he's escaping the same level of critisism tbh.
There’s no ‘at least an about it DevonDagger. People down the local park can get into the right positions and either a) actually score from a few yards out b) miss like Quigley - and they aren’t taking a pro footballers wage.

He’s let his team mates and us down all season. His career record is useless too. And we have him for another year. Peter Taylor, that’s a serious crime.
Diggerthedog

DevonDagger wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:26 am Obviously it's no use if you can't put the ball in the net, but at least Quigley gets himself into positions of scoring if he didn't somehow manage to miss them. We paid a fee for Reece Grant and I'm wondering how he's escaping the same level of critisism tbh.
Probably because he is not given as much chance on the pitch as Quigley but he is just as guilty, Bromley away and Notts away in league are two from memory he should have buried.

Just goes to show what an utter waste of space Taylor was in recruitment as well as tactics which could still see us relegated. Thankfully only 3 down this season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 pm
[/quotee

Probably because he is not given as much chance on the pitch as Quigley but he is just as guilty, Bromley away and Notts away in league are two from memory he should have buried.

Just goes to show what an utter waste of space Taylor was in recruitment as well as tactics which could still see us relegated. Thankfully only 3 down this season.
These views about recruitment are subjective. There has only been two disasters in my book and they are QUIGLEY and GRANT . The low bar set of Playoffs would be a whole lot nearer if those two had only taken 50% of the sitters missed. Not only have they cost us points they have in turn gifted points both to teams above us and below us.
If they had done their jobs we would not be 12 points off our target and more importantly we would at least have breathing space with those below us.
If we had only been 3 or points off the playoffs most would have taken a,more charitable view of Taylor given our injuries.

The recruitment of Quigley and Grant cost Taylor his job and perhaps rightfully so,it could end up costing us a lot lot more if something is not done PDQ it really is that simple.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Grant is an awful player and he was to be an improvement on players we had last season, i.e. Adeloye with whom i would have kept cos his work rate was good and I felt he had goals in him compared with Grant.

Last seasons squad had less talent but more fight and commitment but ultimately what kept us up was a goalscorer in Wilkinson. That is the immediate position needing addressing now!
ARNU

Think we should see quigley and grant in a McMahon team a few times before we give up on them. Taylor definitely affected their confidence. I gone a full 180 on quigley, I thought he was shit but he does put a shift in. Needs a confidence boost I think, same with Grant. Geezer only got the odd ten mins when we were already losing under Taylor.He had a good game Sutton away, he scored if I remember correctly.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Coydagger

ARNU wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:51 am Think we should see quigley and grant in a McMahon team a few times before we give up on them. Taylor definitely affected their confidence. I gone a full 180 on quigley, I thought he was shit but he does put a shift in. Needs a confidence boost I think, same with Grant. Geezer only got the odd ten mins when we were already losing under Taylor.He had a good game Sutton away, he scored if I remember correctly.
Confidence or no confidence if you can’t score from 5 yards out on multiple occasions you’re a lost cause. What makes you think with a bit of confidence he will be any better?

He missed a sitter in the first game against woking, Nobody was on his back then.

16 games left, there’s no time to keep up this charade of them two. Quigley in particular has not only proved not good enough throughout this season but his whole career

Grant the same
Diggerthedog

Totally agree, persisting with poor players could see us relegated. No one is questioning commitment or effort just the quality.
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Notts County 2 Daggers 1

There were many things different about this performance compared to during the Taylor era, from the intense pressing to our impressive passing sequences, but one thing that remained the same was our inability to convert simple opportunities.

Here's my report from an FA Trophy clash with a cruel end: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Quigley looked offside to me on the highlights.
speedy

Offside or not Alan, he should have buried it, no excuses.